Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastlys edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, & reliably by processing, serving, & securing our customers applications as close to their end-users as possible at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, & to support agile software development.
Fastlys customers use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travelers can book flights seamlessly & embark on their next great adventure, & sports fans can stream events in real time, across devices. They include many of the worlds most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, & Ticketmaster.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Key Account Manager
Fastly is passionate about helping our customers succeed. If you are a good communicator who enjoys creating relationships & solving problems, we want you.
The Key Account Manager will be part of our growing Account Management team & work with Sales, Customer Support, Product & technical teams to provide our customers a seamless experience. You will be responsible for creating & managing high impact customer relationships, maintaining account health, providing product feedback & being a customer advocate. In this role, you will work with internal & external stakeholders & will need to balance multiple requests. Success in this role directly ties to the value we provide our customers.
What You'll Do
- Own overall relationship with a small group of Fastlys largest & most complex clients
- Develop & execute comprehensive account strategy, attaining buy-in & alignment from customer
- Develop strong customer connections with executive stakeholders across multiple business units & levels within a company
- Create long term, quality customer interactions with consistency
- Lead internal account team strategy, ensuring all team members are in-sync on approach, current status, & actions required
- Delight customers by demonstrating responsiveness & ensuring timely responses
- Proactively engage & influence internal & external partners, providing expertise & suggesting new ideas. Utilize consultative discussions to uncover customer pain points & understand how Fastly can address them
- Identify, qualify & close opportunities for customer growth
- Develop & execute strategic plan for renewal, understanding the customer stakeholders & review process, & creating mutually beneficial solutions
- Collaborate with the product, marketing, client services & sales teams to provide the voice of the customer internally, becoming known as the go-to expert on the customer
- Consistently share knowledge of industry, company, trends, & solutions
What We're Looking For
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in related field of study with 8+ years of proven track record in customer communication
- At least 5 years of enterprise customer management experience in a technology firm
- Strong project management skills, high detail orientation & exceptional organization skills: Comfortable developing & implementing multi-step plan & coordinating the appropriate parties. Can find answers quickly & provide thorough information
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment, with an ability to adjust priorities: Able to complete customer facing & internal projects on-time with high quality
- Excellent writing & communication skills: Provides clear communication to develop customer relationships. Able to tailor messaging based on recipient. Ensures communication is tracked for cross-functional visibility
- Strong customer service; professional & friendly demeanor: Built-to-serve mentality. Respects customer's time & uses meetings to provide value. Does not shy away from hard conversations
- Technical background highly valued: Can discuss technical benefits & understands how a solution fits into the tech ecosystem. Deep dives into customers business & industry in order to best learn how to support them. Willingness to learn new products/features
- Collaborative Partner: Brings ideas to the team for learning. Internal partners enjoy working with him/her. Internal advocacy carries weight
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastlys home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, like generous parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing & maintaining our inclusive & diverse team matters to us. We are committed to a being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work & have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people & were not one size fits all. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans & animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, & more. We love employees for who they are & what they are passionate about.
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicants race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.