Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were looking for a Senior Content Strategist to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with experience executing content strategies across digital media. You will work closely with our writers & designers to create product marketing & educational content for small business marketers.
What you'll do here:
- Collaborate with marketing, research, design, & product teams to understand requirements, identify users content needs, & align on business goals.
- Advocate for content discovery & planning, ensuring the right content activities are prioritized & executed on cross-functional teams.
- Align other content practitioners to create cohesive content experiences, including messaging strategy & voice & tone, across the customer journey.
- Develop & communicate content strategy recommendations to project teams, including audit findings, sourcing plans, content types, template requirements, sitemaps & taxonomies, traffic analyses, etc.
- Make recommendations that shape Mailchimps master content calendar, advocating for a user-centered, data-informed approach to content planning.
- Test & refine content based on analytics, user feedback, & other performance data; present findings to leadership.
- Facilitate content critiques, lead workshops on topics like content design best practices & brand voice, & advise partners on content execution.
- Create tools, guides, & templates to empower colleagues to create their own great content & scale the discipline.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years experience as a content strategist, content marketer, writer or related position
- Ability to translate complex concepts into content that is clear, concise, & human.
- An understanding of user experience & content optimization principles across channels (web, email, & social media) & devices
- Familiarity with basic SEO principles
- Experience working with content management systems
- Strong communication, collaboration, & problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of Google Analytics or other analytics platform
- Experience in a product-focused environment
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.