At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for an experienced leader to serve the Driver Service team in the Washington, D.C market. Were searching for an exceptional operator with experience managing & developing large teams, a passion for problem solving, & a strong desire to make a big impact at a fast-growing company.
This role will report to the General Manager of the market & will be responsible for leading our driver support teams as well as working closely with stakeholders to refine local business strategies. If you have experience developing large and/or distributed teams, working in dynamic environments, & solving tough problems, wed love to talk with you!
- Lead, develop, & engage a large organization of team members, including managers & entry-level team members, to meet the needs of our customers
- Oversee all driver service operations including driver on-boarding, driver support, vehicle service & rental operations across the DC metro region - distributed across 5 remote sites
- Lead a lean operation focused on continuous improvement
- Create a world-class experience for our drivers & be obsessed with creating positive interactions with all your customers - internal & external
- Work with the General Manager & other cross-functional stakeholders to develop long-term strategies & hit OKRs
- Use data-driven decision-making skills to make strategic business decisions
- Understand two-sided marketplace dynamics in order to develop & execute driver education & retention programs
- Advocate for driver needs & concerns to Lyft HQ
- 8+ years of experience in store management, customer service operations, financial and/or startup environments
- Experience leading & developing high-performance teams
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solver. You effectively, creatively, & quickly solve complex problems. No problem is too big or too small. You have a love of getting your hands dirty & a talent for juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Expertise in analyzing & using data to make sound business decisions
- Track record of setting goals, creating a plan, & getting results with your team
- Vehicle service management experience a plus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.