DoorDash is looking for a Strategy & Operations Manager to help grow, manage & improve our DoorDash for Business offering.
DoorDash for Business is our catering platform for corporate offices. In a typical day, Strategy & Operations Managers may run & refine experiments to drive company growth, dive into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, build tools that allow teams to scale their work 10x, & work side-by-side with external & internal teams to develop our future product.
Our best Strategy & Operations Managers are self-motivated, highly analytical, & have exceptional interpersonal & relationship-building skills. They are generalists who roll up their sleeves & do whatever it takes to make the business successful. Think this is you? Read on
What youll do
- Strategize - Innovate & execute on unique strategies across our three-sided catering marketplace.
- Engage - improve the way we onboard, interact, & build relationships with our merchant partners.
- Optimize implement scalable initiatives across & best practices across cross-functional teams to ensure a world-class operation.
- Experiment Use data-driven decision making & sound business judgment to run tests on everything from delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform.
- Analyze Build models to evaluate the economic & strategic costs & benefits of various programs & experiments.
- Influence Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, etc. teams to drive strategic initiatives & harness opportunities.
- Self-starter You have a bias towards action & are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Problem solver You like being presented with a problem & coming up with a plan, & can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Accountable - You want to own the outcome & make an impact on our most critical growth & profitability metrics
- Entrepreneurial You crave responsibility & want to shape the vision & direction of the company
- Generalist You seek exposure to different types of problems & want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- Gritty You roll up your sleeves & do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship-builder You can influence & motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- 3 - 6 years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, & succeeding in a fast-paced team environment
- Expert communication & interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus