At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible & efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, as a Care Coordinator at our organization you will be accountable for delivering outreach services to high risk patients & evaluating those patients for engagement in Care Management.
Integral to our Care Management team, the Care Coordinator will be accountable for collaborating with the care team to consistently communicate & document high risk patient profiles to provider & practice care teams. As a new member of VillageMD, youll work closely with our care team to connect the dots of collaborative patient care.
What are some unique responsibilities that youll have at VillageMD?
- Assess high risk patients acuity & needs to initiate engagement for enrollment in Care Management
- Support chronically stable patients as they transition from the inpatient setting or emergency department to ensure all needs are met
- Identify & address care gaps for high risk & rising risk patients, while documenting activity consistently & adequately to support communication of closure to payor
What will make you successful here?
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous & dynamic environment
- A service orientation & a can do attitude
- A willingness to learn on your own & take initiative
- A low ego & humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication & doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Train & become knowledgeable in the EMR system that our partner practices use to become the expert & ensure that we have consistency in data & reporting
- Shadow peers on the Care Management & provider teams that youll partner with in the practice
- Gain a broad understanding of the care model at VillageMD in order to facilitate a positive experience for patients, families, & caregivers
The following experienceis relevant to us:
- 2+ years of experience in a medical office or health care setting
- Licensed Practical Nurse with licensure in state of practice or Medical Assistant
- Telephonic communication with collaborative care teams regarding gaps & future needs
- Comfort with technology including Microsoft suite of products
- Utilizing a variety of electronic health records including data capture, data mining & reporting
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us,acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.