CLEARs mission is to strengthen security & create frictionless experiences. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics your eyes, face, & fingerprints we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, stadiums & venues nationwide. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a persons digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk & restore peace of mind.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses & our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
We are looking for a talented & motivated Data Engineer that is experienced in building data pipelines from various internal & external sources to support the reporting & analytics needs across the entire business. This is an amazing opportunity to help build out our next generation data platform.
The Data Engineer will collaborate with our software engineers, database developers, & data scientists to ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed & comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems & products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing and/or redesigning our companys data architecture to support our current & future products & data initiatives.
What You Will Do:
- Build out our data pipeline architecture, & optimize data flow & collection for cross functional teams.
- Lead the development of a Data Lake solution that can be used for reporting & analytics across the entire organization.
- Work closely with our engineering teams to integrate data sources across a multitude of micro-services.
- Work with our Data Warehouse, Data Science, & Product teams to ensure that we have high quality data that meets the needs of the business.
- Drive data acquisition & technology improvements to help our systems evolve with our needs.
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years working in an AWS environment, with experience using one or more of the following: Kinesis, EMR, RDS, S3, Glue, Athena, DynamoDB
- Have experience developing against internal & external APIs to consume data from disparate structured & unstructured sources
- 5+ years of experience with languages such as Python, Java, & Scala
- You have experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Hudi, Presto, Sqoop
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Kafka, Storm, Spark Streaming
- You have experience with SQL Databases such as: Redshift, SQL Server, Snowflake, Big Query, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Redis, Cassandra, CouchDB, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Experience with data pipeline & workflow management tools: Airflow, Luigi, Oozie, Azkaban, etc.
- Experience with queuing systems: SQS, RabbitMQ