Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Director of Software Engineering to be a key leader in managing our Email Platform Customer Lifecycle team. The person in this role will be responsible for the development of software systems that touch every aspect of the Email Platform customer experience, from sign-up & onboarding, to package management & billing. Reporting to the General Manager of Email Platform, this position is critical in supporting Twilios revenue growth as we continue to build new applications & partnerships that expand into adjacent market spaces.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading multiple engineering managers & overseeing a distributed engineering team. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in managing software engineering organizations.
- Passion for developing the next generation of engineering leaders within your organization & providing an environment for learning & growth
- Experience with front-end & back-end technology leadership.
- Communication skills across multiple levels of the organization, & demonstrated ability to influence change & outcomes.
- Have the technical ability to understand software & recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, & engage with product managers
- Technically savvy & experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, & mobility is a plus.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Software Engineering Director, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze technical strategies & provide key findings to internal stakeholders.
- DRAW THE OWL: Encourage your teams to find progressive ways to solve problems; adopt new technologies & strategies where applicable..
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of transactions, including strategy formation, developing technical strategies, execution & discipline..
- BE INCLUSIVE: Lead engineering teams by coaching & encouraging, building a safe & inclusive environment where all voices can be heard..
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide a safe work environment that embraces failure as a way of learning & encourages our engineers to be inventive & motivated.
The Customer Lifecycle team is critical to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with sales & finance to support the business needs of the company & provide a trusted interface to the customers. We are looking for a dynamic & strategic leader who will continue to streamline all aspects of the customer lifecycle to make the customer experience as smooth & seamless as possible.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. The team you will be managing is primarily based out of Denver. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.