As a manager on the iOS Engineering team, youll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you. Youre passionate about helping others contribute more & develop as software engineers & individuals. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building a product users love. You should be as enthusiastic about recruiting & building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems you & your team will solve.
At Asana, we build collaboration & communication software to help all teams work together effortlessly & do great things. The Mobile team works to provide a seamless cross-platform experience for our users who are on the go. We work hard to maintain a codebase & a culture that are a joy to work in by combining tried-and-true mobile best practices with a focus on usability & design.
What youll achieve
- Manage a team of 5+ engineers
- Ensure a great, reliable experience for Asana iOS users around the globe while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development & iteration
- Coach engineers in their technical & professional development
- Work closely with recruiting & other engineering managers to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences & events, & onboarding new employees
- 5+ years of engineering experience with 1+ years managing a technical team
- Kind & intellectually mature
- Willing & able to dive into the code yourself
- Excited to partner with design & product management on both large new features & daily, small product enhancements
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, & Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, & technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be doneand doing it
- Thoughtful, especially with regard to the long-term consequences of your decisions
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations & millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber, & Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation & business results, & for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE & one of Glassdoors Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, & Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture & help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities & expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, & veteran statuses, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.