Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are looking to hire a Front End Software Engineer to join the Security Engineering team, working out of Visa's Global HQ in Foster City, California.You will play a critical role by implementing visual elements that users see & interact within the cybersecurity products & services being engineered by the team with a truly global impact.
The candidate must possess strong software engineering skills along with applied Machine learning skills. Knowledge of security related concepts is a plus but not required. This is not a research but an engineering function. Ideal candidate has a graduate degree plus couple years of work experience.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Software Engineering: The candidate must have software engineering background in functional or object oriented programming languages like Golang, Python, C++, or Scala in the fields of machine learning, data analytics, or information retrieval.
- Machine Learning:The candidate must have knowledge of common ML frameworks & libraries Keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow,scikit-learn
- Research to Models to code:Should possess ability to quickly & effectively turn conceptual or academic research into working models & code.
- Scalable systems: Knowledge of NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra) is a plus along with experience to working on large datasets.
- Network, System, & Solution Architecture background is a plus
- Familiarity with Git & Unix/Linux commands
- Server-client modeling, including MVC architecture knowledge
- Core responsibility: The candidate will be developing & implementing machine learning / deep learning algorithms to solve cybersecurity related usecases & help engineer products that defend Visa's core systems & data against attackers.
- Engineer first: The candidate should be an engineer at heart, possessing software engineering skills that allow them to build & engineer new ML/DL capabilitiesvs. simply integrating existing open source components or operating a vendor solution.
- ML/DL skillset: The candidate will be utilizinginformation retrieval, data analytics, & statistical modeling techniques to build new machine learning & deep learning models. This will include the entire lifecycle including collection of data, feature engineering, model development, training, testing, & deployment into production.
- Security philosophy: Rewriting of any existing code using more robust type-safe & memory safe languages while incorporating faster data piping & parallel processing frameworks.
- Performance: Engineering of products & services while accounting for computability & complexity (e.g. NP-complete problems) & security architecture (e.g. memory, cache, deadlocks, etc.)
- R&D: Develop prototypes & algorithms (e.g. searching, sorting, optimization, dynamic programming) while performing data engineering tasks around aggregation & data synthetization from a multitude of structured & unstructured data sources..
- Presentation skills: Present results to a cross section of employees, including senior leaders at Visa. Utilize graduate-level research & analysis skills.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.