Pay Rate: 22hr
The Sanitation Lead coordinates activities of & provides coaching & guidance to workers on the Sanitation team. The Sanitation Lead works alongside & with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. The Lead is responsible for following & enforcing all safety, GMP & SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies, in cooperation with the supervisor.
- Oversees & performs typical sanitation tasks to support the production team & the entire facility up to & including removing waste & debris, transporting empty boxes to compactors, monitoring outside of facility for waste & debris, sanitizing equipment & floors at end of shifts, cleaning & sanitizing tools & receptacles & other custodial functions as needed.
- Coach all employees to follow policies & procedures
- Support the production department by cleaning & preparing for next shift
- Occasionally required to communicate with other departments, such as Quality or Production, to collaborate & solve problems
- Respectfully support & follow direction from supervisor or management & complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Responsible for following standard operating procedures (safety, GMP AND SQF policies /procedures, PPE / hygiene policies)
- Maintains the work area in a clean & orderly condition & follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Performs routine sanitation equipment maintenance to ensure equipment functions properly
- Reports all food safety sanitation issues to an immediate supervisor
Required knowledge, skills, abilities
- Leadership & fostering team cooperation for a large group of employees
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office & Google Sheets preferred
- Strong written & communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, & problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments while meeting deadlines
- Ability to adapt to Factor_ programs & procedure
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing & assembly environment & is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10 - 40). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts & vibration. The noise level in the work environment & job sites can be loud.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach & lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to handle objects and/or tools. The employee is required to talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee must regularly lift & move up to 25 pounds, & occasionally lift & move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision & peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days & hours of work are varied according to shift. There are occasions where overtime is required based upon operational needs. The Sanitation Lead is expected to work the hours it takes to finish assignments each day.
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.