Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
The Programmatic Operations Manager is responsible for the management & analytics of all non-guaranteed ad partnerships & campaigns across Vox Media networks & partner sites. The role is accountable for partnering with revenue leaders to help grow programmatic revenue & innovation.
What You'll Do:
- Manage all aspects of Vox Media non-guaranteed ad stack from partnership, technology, reporting & sales strategy.
- Arm sales partners with programmatic analytics by partner, channel, account, category & agency to inform multi channel sales strategy on a regular basis.
- Provide regular performance insights to clients & sales detailing performance, recommending optimizations & proposing new opportunities.
- Operationalize reporting workflow to enable accelerated insight gathering.
- Oversee & participate in day to day relationship management with DSPs, agency trading desks & other buying platforms.
- Lead or participate in sales trainings to improve programmatic expertise across all Vox Media revenue teams.
- Evaluate potential new partners, platforms & opportunities for revenue growth.
- Manage inventory stack available through non-guaranteed channels.
- Analyze, negotiate & execute private marketplace campaigns.
- Troubleshoot issues on live campaigns.
- Partner with finance on monthly billing.
- Participate in client meetings as needed.
What You'll Bring:
- BA/BS preferred with strong academic record.
- 3-4 years of experience in programmatic operations, familiarity with the landscape & KPIs critical to managing non-guaranteed revenue.
- Excellent analytical & communication skills.
- Ability to balance a number of priorities, working cross functionally to meet internal & external needs with strong problem solving drive.
- Smart & quick proactive learner with organizational agility & attention to detail.
- Willingness & ability to learn & do what is needed to see a project through to completion.
- Effective team player.
- Familiarity in Google Ad Manager, Rubicon, AppNexus, A9, Index Exchange, Adjuster familiarity preferred.
- Strong excel skills required.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.