Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
What you'll do:
We are on the hunt a Senior engineer to join us at Slice! You will develop internal & customer facing web applications using the latest technologies & design patterns available, while also helping us grow our product offering by making great engineering decisions, mentoring some new blood & more!
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience building commercial software in a modern programming language, we really like Ruby, Python & Go
- Thorough understanding of & experience working with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- A focus on application observability, with experience monitoring application performance & errors in production.
- Comfortable in Linux/Unix-like environments for development & production.
- History of using solid software development practices & tools such as automated testing, source control, & agile process.
- Fluent verbal & written English skills
- Positive approach to work, & treat others well.
- Ability & experience in mentoring others
- Excellent problem solving, analytical & organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts & opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate & collaborate effectively with engineers & non-engineering stakeholders alike
- An understanding of building consumer-facing web software, including shopping experiences & e-commerce.
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his familys New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If youre ambitious, interested in growing your career, & hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.