Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Product Designer to join our UX organization & design elegant & seamless verification systems for consumers, brands, & enterprises.
In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the company to discover, define, & design experiences that enable seamless & secure interactions between entities through communication channels, authentication factors, & SaaS management workflows.
The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion & active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System, a partner to our UX team members in upholding our principles & standards, & a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer who:
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing & soliciting feedback, influencing key decision-makers, & collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, & lovable designs that demonstrates technical product thinking & an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design & research methodologies, & has experience running quantitative & qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, & field studies.
- Holds a passion for feedback & the ability to provide useful & constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Experience designing & evolving enterprise application software for web, desktop, & mobile platforms in a fast-past environment.
- 4+ years of industry experience & a related degree or equivalent experience in software interface design and/or development.
As a Designer on the Account Security team, you will live our Magic Values, & be able to:
- Be an Owner: Own & advance the user experience for Account Security experiences including Twilios Developer Console & mobile applications.
- Wear the Customers Shoes: Engage with our developer community to understand their needs, & design products & workflows to unlock their potential.
- Write it Down: Define, design, review, test & specify interfaces, components, systems, frameworks & tools for developer experiences. Articulate the customer problem & success metrics, & gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, & iterating on a solution.
- Draw the Owl: Navigate ambiguity through a scientific mindset - stating hypotheses, testing, learning & adapting.
- Dont Settle: Collaborate with other Product Designers in elevating our standards. Participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products. Advocate for more efficient processes & higher standards across the UX organization.
- No Shenanigans & Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, & inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, & remaining humble while asking for & providing useful & constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the worlds telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. The UX organization plays a critical role in designing the experience that enables our developer community to meet their communication needs. As a Product Designer at Twilio, you will be a part of a growing & diverse group of designers & researchers, helping to build & shape our design culture & principles.
Account Security serves consumers through our award winning Authy apps that span mobile & desktop platforms & serves enterprise customers through APIs which are configurable through the Twilio Developer Console. Seamless verification of customer identity is a critical requirement in producing meaningful & impactful customer engagement models.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position may be located in our Denver or Atlanta office or remote in the US. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, & can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.