Support Engineer Role
At Tanium, our Support Engineer fulfills a necessary role in our organization to serve our customers by resolving technical issues & answering technical questions that customers have in a timely manner. With a primary focus on customer satisfaction, Support Engineers work both reactively & proactively to improve the overall experience of our customers when using Tanium. This role will report to a Support Manager.
As a Support Engineer, youll have continuous opportunities to apply your best technical skills while building new skills ranging from scripting to debugging.
What youll do:
Assisting customers by:
- Triaging inbound support cases
- Solving customer support cases
- Working with other Support Engineers to assist with their assigned cases
- Answering customer questions in the Tanium community site
Improve customer experience by:
- Documenting best practices
- Tracking activity, documenting root cause, & reporting
- Serving as a technical subject matter expert, focusing mostly on the testing & troubleshooting aspects of the area
- Testing Tanium & providing feedback to the Engineering teams on how we can improve the overall customer experience
Were looking for someone with:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar experience a plus
Experience & Skills
- 0-5 years into their career field with solid technical skills in one or more areas of networking, security, operations, scripting, and/or programming.
- Ability to master new concepts & technologies; continually striving to master the Tanium platform & modules.
- Problem solving; can break problems down into manageable, ordered piece parts & successfully convey the problem statement & plan to others.
- Aptitude for comprehending complex troubleshooting.
- Good Judgement; understand the importance of weighing cost & value in decision making & practice making good judgement calls with improved consistency over time.
- Independent; should be able to independently work on problems; should be able to complete tasks with limited assistance; participate in projects & follow technical support procedures only requiring help on more complex initiatives or issues.
Good to Have:
- Prior experience & breadth of knowledge needed to support customers
- Hands-on Tanium experience.
- Relevant technical certifications (Google IT Support Professional Certificate, CISSP, MCSE, A+/Security+/Network+ combined, etc.).
- For Federal Roles only:
- Security clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance may be required
- 8140.1 training/8570 certification may be required
- Prior military service in a related field (e.g. Navy Cryptologic Technician - Networks, USAF 3D or 1B, Army 17C or 35Q, 25D, etc.) a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following technical domains:Endpoint Security, Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting, Incident Response, Systems Management, Utility Scripting (bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python.).
At Tanium, we empower the worlds largest organizations to manage & protect their mission-critical networks. Theres a reason why six of the top ten retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, & five of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything & do anything across their computer networks with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing & win as a team.
Join our team at tanium.com/careers/