General Manager & CEO of Enigmas Data Acquisition Corporation
Join Enigma to run our public data subsidiary, the Enigma Data Acquisition Corporation [working title]. Since its founding, Enigma has collected hundreds of public sources of data & made them available for free. Our goal is to expand this strategy & release hundreds more value-added public datasets to fuel new projects in enterprises, research in the public & academic sectors, & the creation of new businesses. While this subsidiary is expected to be profitable, the primary mission is to release as much well-structured & programmatically usable data as possible, for free, to as many people & entities as we can. The GM & CEO will be responsible for full P&L management, hiring a data collection team & relevant support functions, product strategy & development, running go-to-market, & driving the brand identity of this newly formed entity. This role reports to the Board of Directors for Enigmas data acquisition corporation, which includes Enigmas CEO & other key representatives. As you can tell, this is an intense job that will require all of your dedication, but you will be building one of the most important data assets assembled to date.
In addition, note that you & the team are expected to be located in a smaller city in the United States (not NYC or SF), so this is a great opportunity to explore that kind of move.
- Direct experience in hiring, scaling, & leading a data collection & technology team
- Demonstrated experience building a data business
- Strong product instincts & orientation toward making usable products, particularly B2B data products
- General financial familiarity - you can read & assemble a basic P&L & financial model
- A background in SaaS businesses & SaaS product monetization
- Demonstrated ability to recruit amazing engineers & relevant supporting staff
- Passionate about data generally, & particularly the potential of free or substantially cheaper data & the impact it can have on society
- Familiarity with the data industry in Finance, Healthcare, Insurance or Retail, a strong preference
Enigma builds world-class data infrastructure, developer-friendly APIs, & intelligent tools to automate trusted decisions about every business. Were focused on making B2B risk frictionless so that our customers can focus on growing their businesses & improving their products & experiences. Founded in 2011, Enigma has raised $130M of capital from major venture capital firms such as NEA, Comcast Ventures, & Third Point, as well as global financial companies such as BB&T, Two Sigma, & Capital One.