Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
Our global Support Team provides premier technical support to our customers. As part of the wider Customer Success Team, Technical Support Engineers (TSEs) contribute to the teams' mission of making customers successful by enabling them to realize business value, so they remain customers for life. We set the bar high around giving our customers quick, accurate & differentiated support so they can focus on doing what they do best.
In this role, you will work closely with clients to resolve their problems including debugging complex optimization campaigns, adapting experiments to run on different media types, integrating Optimizely with other analytics platforms & helping customers interpret their results. You will be part of a team that is available to ensure the success of our clients & minimize the impact of any critical issues.
Do you possess technical acumen, love puzzles & problem-solving & genuinely enjoy working with people? Would you like to join a fun team of smart, inspired, collaborative & hard-working people from all sorts of backgrounds? In a company with core values that encourages you to learn new skills, take calculated risks, work smarter as well as better in a team? Then, we are looking for you!
What you will do:
- Debug customer issues, keeping ownership of cases until resolution while engaging other teams as needed
- Delight our customers by answering their questions via phone, email, & chat
- Contribute to our customer-facing knowledge base to ensure they are consistently world class
- Contribute to improving our processes, systems & customer interactions by driving innovative projects to help our clients become even more successful with Optimizely
- Deliver on quarterly Objectives & Key Results that align with our business goals
- Work on personal projects that contribute to overall team business goals
- Based on business needs be on call during off hours for emergency issues every quarter.
- Based on business needs be available to cover Phones and/or Chat until 8pm CT
What you will learn:
- You'll be encouraged to advance your technical expertise, particularly around front-end & full stack technologies
- Become a certified Optimizely expert & be able to demonstrate the true value of experimentation & digital optimization
- How to create & successfully execute projects that are impactful on both the team & company level
- How to work with a world-class team, you will brainstorm, think big, innovate, learn & make data-driven decisions
- You are genuine in your desire to help others & ideally have experience in a customer-facing roleSome experience in front-end web development, web analytics, mobile or full stack development
- Working knowledge of web technologies
- Strong critical thinking, analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Value a bottom-up culture & are not afraid to share your ideas
- Have a thirst for knowledge, often challenging yourself to learn new technologies
- Have great time management skills & can balance numerous projects at once
- Comfortable with occasionally travelling & working from one of our other offices
- Basic SQL knowledge specifically MySQL, Postgres, or HIVE SQL
- You dabbled in analytics platforms such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance & bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks & benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.