JOB TITLE: Editor, Voices
BRAND/DEPARTMENT: POPSUGAR Editorial
OFFICE LOCATION: NY, SF or LA
PEOPLE MANAGER: No
Were looking for an Editor, Voices to join POPSUGAR, within Group Nine Media! As a member of the Voices team, youll support our growing freelance program creating content on our Beauty & Fashion sites. If you are excited about finding new voices to highlight, working with writers to make their content shine, & collaborating with a fast-paced team, we want to talk to you!
Our ideal candidate is a strong & experienced editor with a passion for all things beauty & fashion, a knack for organization, an analytical eye, & experience with SEO-driven content. Youll be based in our New York, San Francisco or Los Angeles office.
The Editor, Voices will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close & Win Together.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Lead content strategy for our freelancer program on POPSUGAR Beauty & Fashion with a heavy emphasis on creating content that spotlights diverse stories & talent, & SEO-driven content
- Assign & edit a high volume of lifestyle content from our pool of over 1,000 freelance contributors
- Evaluate story pitches & submissions from contributors, & choose the best content to be featured on POPSUGAR
- Recruiting diverse voices to feature on the site, assigning & editing opinion pieces, features, & personal essays on trending topics & pop culture
- Consider analytics & previous successes to pitch strategic, winning story ideas
- Work with contributor network to troubleshoot & answer questions as needed
- Work closely with other team members on daily coverage & weekly/monthly editorial themes & planning around upcoming seasonal themes
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Exercising sound judgment in assignments & editing
- Focusing in growing our SEO referral traffic
- Expanding the freelance voices, as well as subjects & topics featured on our Living sites
- Partnering successfully with Beauty & Fashion teams to execute daily, weekly, & monthly content plans around upcoming seasonal themes
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in writing/editing/blogging, online publishing, or related field
- Proven line editing skills & the ability to manage a high volume of copy on tight deadlines
- Experience setting content strategy & working with freelance writers
- A true love & knowledge of all things beauty & fashion
- Ability to translate site data into actionable content direction
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- A talent for staying ahead of trends & adapting to a constantly changing digital landscape
- HTML & Photoshop skills
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with SEO tools, specifically Google Trends & Google Search Console
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- A network of freelance writers theyd like to bring to POPSUGAR
Please submit a resume & cover letter telling us why you think youd be the perfect fit for POPSUGAR.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
POPSUGAR is the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. according to Comscore [Comscore, February 2020]. The company reaches young women through its positive & purpose-driven content across multiple platforms, spanning entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, parenting, & more. POPSUGAR reaches 1 in 2 Millennial women in the United States & leads all womens lifestyle publishers in user engagement [Comscore & Platform Analytics, 2019]. In November 2019, POPSUGAR joined Group Nine Media, the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S., & home to The Dodo, NowThis, Thrillist & Seeker [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, January 2021]; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand globally on social [Tubular, January 2021]; POPSUGAR, the no. 1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site globally [Comscore, September 2020]; Thrillist, the no. 1 food, drink & travel brand for Gen Z & Millennials [Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020]; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Oscars, Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.