Indigo is working to harness nature to sustainably feed the planet. We have discovered a transformational opportunity to improve global crop yield & reduce the use of agricultural chemicals & fertilizers by utilizing the core microbiome inside plants to confer material yield & crop protection benefits across a variety of crops, geographies & stresses. The challenge & opportunity for Indigo is to gain critical first mover advantages by scaling quickly & effectively ($5+B 2019 revenue.)
Indigo Account Managers are the primary sales & service touchpoint for our grower customers. They represent Indigo through a new channel to the market & are well versed in all Indigo value propositions. Account Managers execute with the clear objective of supporting the grower in business decisions to help improve profitability on their farm. Customer experience is core to the success of these team members in a quest to develop enterprise grower customers.
The role of the Account Manager will be to build & maintain close, emotional relationships with Indigos grower partners. This role extends far beyond a traditional sales position & will require the candidate to demonstrate strong business acumen, understanding of ag business, & exceptional emotional intelligence. The Account Manager will need to intimately understand Indigos commercial offerings, articulate the benefits of Indigos solutions, close the sale with new growers & achieve same store sales growth with their book of business each year. Once the relationship has been established, Account Managers will devote their efforts to delighting their growers with deep knowledge of farm operations, exceptional customer service, selling the complete Indigo portfolio of offerings, & building a long-lasting partnership with growers. The Account Manager will work closely with experienced Indigo Subject Matter Experts to enable grower success by maximizing farm profitability.
- Graduates training certified in being able to communicate Indigos mission, technology, services & solutions including Marketplace, Treated Seed effectively. Demonstrates skill in addressing questions/resistance & closing skills.
- Systematically finds & nurtures grower leads whether assigned to them or developed on his/her own through an account-based selling approach. Develops business relationships with these growers, defined as their selling grain through Marketplace.
- Partners with grower customers resulting in their adopting Indigo solutions
- Expands relationships with growers through a consultative sales approach that gets them to adopt Indigo solutions across the crop lifecycle.
- Serves as primary relationship manager for grower-customers & leads grower-facing team of inside sales, sales coordinator, grower customer service rep & Indigo Solution Subject Matter Experts.
- Maintains grower accounts, sales stages, important notes, & sales process information in salesforce.com CRM tool & utilizes other sales enablement technologies provided to them.
- Internalizes, exhibits, & communicates a passion for the Indigo mission, core values, & promises. Articulates this passion in a confident, professional, & endearing fashion.
Attributes & Competencies:
- Shows an ability to breakdown complex new products to effectively influence
- Has an understanding of the customers needs that cultivates trust & lasting relationships
- Shows optimism & an ability to recover from setbacks & keep going despite adversity
- Exhibits an ability to adopt change willingly & adjust to changing expectations
- Shows a desire to improve abilities & a need to master difficult tasks for growth
- An accountability for your actions that shows initiative & brings about positive results
- Clear communication skills
- Strong business sense & understanding of economics especially as it relates to agriculture
- Ability to utilize new technologies & tools to provide data-driven information to growers
- Thrives in fast-paced environment
- 0-5 years of professional experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Demonstrated grit through their life, academic, & professional experiences
- Strong knowledge of farming background preferred