ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms co-founders & co-CEOs started as two friends on a couch & now lead an organization of over 130. Skimm HQ works hard but knows when to take breaks & have fun. The co-CEOs office is fast-paced, dynamic, & touches a little bit of everything happening across theSkimms HQ.
As our Senior Executive Assistant, youll be instrumental in the operations & success of our Executive Office. The ideal candidate is a seasoned EA & team player who can keep the founders organized, efficient & prepared for anything. You will work closely with the Chief of Staff to ensure the founders days are running seamlessly. Liaising with a variety of people including internal executives, family members, clients, investors, & contacts will be an integral part of this role. We are looking for someone who is approachable, professional & NYC savvy, with enthusiasm for theSkimms audience & mission. The role will be a hybrid of working remotely, as well as from our office HQ in Manhattan; were looking for someone who can seamlessly transition in both models as theSkimm returns to their HQ in 2022.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
Responsibilities will include executive administration & personal assistant tasks for both founders, including
- Calendar management
- Contact management
- Travel arrangements
- Meeting coordination
- Special projects
- Personal work
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- You have 8-10 years experience - as an EA to senior level executives in a complex & fast paced environment.
- Youre highly organized - even when there are lots of moving pieces. You dont get easily flustered & always have your fingers on the pulse. Youre able to multitask & prioritize quickly, smartly & based on the needs of the founders. You can adapt to quickly changing schedules & environments without missing a beat.
- You have a strong attention to detail - & you are the type of person who always takes thorough notes, catches a typo, & is usually early to a meeting. You can read between the lines & quickly pick up on all the little things that help our office run smoothly.
- Youre positive & flexible - & can remain upbeat during high tension scenarios. You enjoy the challenge of working in a startup environment where each day looks different. You are scrappy & work hard to get things done, but above all you are focused amongst the craziness, with a calming presence & a sense of humour.
- You have a great work ethic - & you do what it takes to get the job done, especially when it means going above & beyond. You describe yourself as self-driven, resourceful & as someone who always thinks outside the box. You are proactive & can often figure out what needs to be done & how to do it before anyone asks.
- You have high integrity - trustworthy, loyal & pride yourself on your ability to handle the details of highly confidential & critical tasks & projects with discretion & ease.
- Youre a great communicator - & can engage professionally & with clarity, either verbally or in writing, with people across the organization & externally. You value theSkimms reputation & are always the face & voice of our values.
- You are highly proficient with Google Suite - & have used it in a professional context, including Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.
Previous experience supporting two principals and/or experience working in media or startups is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives. Since launching in 2012, theSkimm has become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way its audience consumes news & makes decisions. theSkimm's flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & the company continues to innovate, finding new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. theSkimms product suite has expanded to include two top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'' & 9 to 5ish, theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money & Skimm Your Life newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. theSkimms first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done. By continuing to grow the breadth of theSkimm offerings in the lifes necessity categories & expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content & audio, theSkimm ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation -- & the ones that follow -- in the most critical areas of their lives.
This is a full-time role with flexibility for remote work. While our employees are continuing to work remotely throughout the remainder of 2021, we are excited to return to HQ in New York, NY next year. Beginning in January 2022, the office will be open Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday & NY metro area employees will come together in person a minimum of 3 days per month. All other days are up to the discretion of the employee & they may go in as often as they'd like. Due to the nature of this role, the expectation is that this person will be able to come into the office as needed, up to three times per week.
We will require vaccinations for anyone coming to our office. We are following CDC recommendations for any additional boosters, & will always follow CDC & NY state guidance on wearing masks in the office.