Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant brand & technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one weve made to our customers, doctors, & partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Well never lose sight of the fact that behind all of the complexity of healthcare were just people looking after other people. Capsule has raised $70 million from Thrive Capital, Glade Brook Capital, & The Virgin Group.
About the Role:
As Director of Design & Construction, you will help us expand nationally by managing our rapid building plans. Based in NYC, you will be the gatekeeper of all permanent location openings, ensuring that each new location has a clear process to follow. To be considered for this role, you should have experiences having build retail locations in the US & be obsessed with building groundbreaking (literally & figuratively!), innovative spaces & experiences for consumers. You should be highly operational, detail-oriented, & cost-conscious. You must be a master construction project manager yourself, who is excited to build & mentor a team that takes great pride in building memorable spaces.
Some things you'll work on:
- Work with our Expansion Team to plan national openings & then execute on the construction, development & production details, ensuring that each new space is able to open on time & under budget.
- Liaise with all parties across all departments - design, finance, marketing, operations, & people - to ensure each buildout provides a first-rate customer experience & provides the Capsule with the platform from which to expand in that city.
- Manage buildout of each location with the greatest attention to detail & care for budget & deadlines.
- Build the processes & structures, & implement the systems, that we need to grow & scale nationally & internationally.
- Work with the executive team leaders to ensure that all details of new builds are properly coordinated across the company.
- Serve as an example to all team members, through your competent leadership & ownership of the creative operations processes, & through your rigorous attention to detail & high standards of success.
- Manage contractors & vendors & the construction P&L, ensuring that we are making intelligent choices as we continue to build & grow
- You have significant experience in construction management, real estate project management, architecture management, or a related field. Extensive experience in construction management is a MUST.
- You have a degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Design, Project Management or related field
- You have an intimate understanding of what goes into the budget for physical buildout
- You sourced, evaluated general contractors & negotiated contracts in the past
- You are a process-builder by nature, & are detail- & timeline-oriented
- You have the ability to understand, review & problem solve leveraging technical & analytical skills
- You have the ability to communicate clearly & with respect
- You have the drive to build the most beautiful, engaging spaces & environments