TouchBistro is planning to move to a new HeadQuarters building located in the heart of Toronto.We are looking for a self-motivating & critical thinking, Interior Design Intern to join our Facilities team. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Facilities, you will be collaborating & contributing to the design & implementation of the new HQ building.
Youll be expected to participate in all aspects of the new HQ building such as conducting onsite visits & evaluating opportunities for improvement. Likewise, you will be assisting with the upkeep of our current facilities in our other office locations.
- Review & maintain shop drawings & construction documentation
- Build content for an internal blog about the new HQ
- Research furniture options to present to our senior leadership team
- Complete furniture inventory for each office
- Complete code review for all facilities & identify non-compliance
- Assist with employee engagement sessions for change management (creating neighborhood norms, how to use spaces, best practices)
- Space planning test fits & conceptual design for several potential smaller projects
- Schedule, coordinate & record meetings
- Assist the facilities team with clean ups, dishwasher loading, & unloading, clutter clean up & sitting at our reception to fulfill other office duties
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Bachelors Degree/College Diploma in a relevant field of Interior Design, Engineering, Architecture, Project Management & Business
- Interest in office or restaurant design/management, Facilities Management, Change Management
- Strong visual presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize competing deadlines
- Experience using AutoCAD software is a plus!
- Paid COOP students or Interns are welcome to apply
WHY CHOOSE US?
TouchBistro is an award-winning iPad Point of Sale system, built for restaurant people by restaurant people. Were a team of thinkers, builders, doers, & innovators. While many of us have experience working at restaurants, some of us just have a true passion for the industry.
At TouchBistro youll join a fun, vibrant & rapid growth environment where youll work with individuals who share the same values of being passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative & respectful. We offer great benefits such as stock options, career progression, professional development, volunteer days, health/dental benefits, Friday lunches & more!
So, what do you say? Are you ready to become part of something awesome?
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed.
Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.