At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
This team is focused on urban transportation & removing congestion, read more here!
Lyfts engineering team is growing rapidly, & we are looking for a firmware manager to help us scale. Our engineers are smart, flexible, & love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, & honest feedback. They move fast & ship code to production continuously, relying on their leadership to increase productivity by removing obstacles & keeping processes lean. Our engineering managers are people with varying technical backgrounds & interests -- some are involved in the technical details of their team & others provide general technical direction & oversight. As managers, our job is to keep teams efficient & executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, & have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
- Mentor & guide the professional & technical development of your team members; help develop their careers, & assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, & professional goals
- Write design specifications & participate in hardware & software design reviews
- Participate in hands-on hardware bringup, system debugging, & code optimization
- Analyze & implement solutions for performance bottlenecks
- Understand & deal well with rapid development cycles; remain flexible & calm in the face of uncertainty
- Prioritize & lead projects from end to end
- Lead the team in architecture & design
- Work across engineering to build relationships with other teams. Use their feedback & understand their goals to build & prioritize a roadmap for your team
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, & respectful of each other
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, & recognize the individual strengths & contributions of your team members
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational & leadership skills; ability to inspire team members
- Technical knowledge of firmware & embedded systems, especially focused on consumer products
- Knowledge of RTOS & Linux embedded system challenges. Support early definition & drive closure of architecture & technical opens
- Strong background in object oriented design, prioritizing testability, & reusability
- Deep experience working closely with sensors & actuators
- Deep knowledge of software architecture for microcontrollers & SOC (system on chip)
- Experience with build schedules, identify critical paths, & maintain throughout execution
- Experience as a technical leader for two or more years
- Proficiency of operating systems architecture & designs
- Experience leading engineers at all levels, & skilled at guiding them through their career development. Motivate & instill a strong sense of ownership in your team
- Help to instill & foster embedded engineering best practices
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.