The director of research for fintech will be responsible for upholding & expanding the vision for the Intelligence Units research geared to the financial services industry.
This person will take the lead in setting the research agenda of the team:
- What are the most important trends & technologies as gleaned from our data/analysis & how should they be covered?
- What can we do to better meet clients needs with our research?
- What are the appropriate research formats & methodologies?
- What will be the big ideas, the narratives, the insights being brought forth?
It is the job of the research director to be the ultimate steward of talent & the research quality on this team. Additionally:
- This person will be a key part of the leadership team on the Intelligence Unit. The Intelligence Units goal is to provide clients with the industrys smartest, most digestible, & most actionable insight into the technologies, business models, competitors, & market trends of tomorrow. The director of fintech research will collaborate closely with other research leaders in defining a larger vision & strategy to fulfill this mission.
- The director will have a keen understanding for how fintech is impacting the main areas of financial services, including banking & insurance & wealth management. But they should also feel a desire to challenge the conventional wisdom with fresh insights.
- This person will guide the work of the analysts on the team & ensure they align with the overall business goals of the company. They must have strong leadership skills & the ability to hire & inspire others to do their best work, while always meeting our high standards. They should have the determination to lead the team in an atmosphere that calls for aggressive experimentation & change.
- The research director for fintech will build relationships with other leaders & individual contributors in the company, including within business development, marketing, & customer success, & seek input from them in terms of how the research can best help fuel their respective efforts. The person joining in this role will be a creative partner to the department head, working closely on department-wide initiatives.
- Recruit, manage, & develop a team of hungry & smart analysts who have created industry-leading research on tech & innovation trends across financial services. This includes handling research calendar for the team & assignment queues across public, syndicated, & custom research deliverables.
- Oversee data-driven research & reports that combine our proprietary data with outside data sets to identify key trends
- Set a client-focused agenda: Help align the teams work with the interests of our clients & prospects
- Help the team understand & develop forward-looking analyses & insights for top financial services areas including insurance, banking, payments, wealth management, & more
- Support PR requests with data & category knowledge
- You should be passionate & knowledgeable about technology & have some background in adjacent disciplines such as venture capital, corporate strategy, corporate finance, & M&A
- Research experience a requirement can be within the fields of market research, equity research, journalism, or consulting in fintech or related area
- 12+ years experience overall, as well as significant experience leading a team
- Embody humility, drive, & a solutions-oriented attitude
- Comfortable with private & public markets including public company financial metrics/ratios
- Ability to synthesize data & develop meaningful conclusions & predictive insights
- Strong communication/presentation skills & leadership abilities
- Ability to multitask & handle the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Some startup experience ideal, thick skin & high tolerance for change required
- Strong MS Excel & Powerpoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
CB Insights values diversity, different perspectives, collaboration, & curiosity.
Perks & Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submithereand you'll be eligible for $5,000!