Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving & investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers & building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, & enjoy life.
Our team is looking for a Cloud Engineer with a passion for building a reliable, scalable, & performant cloud infrastructure to power the Stash experience. Weve had tremendous growth in the past two years & have an exciting product roadmap ahead of us. To support these initiatives, Stash will be building a cutting edge cloud infrastructure while leveraging the latest tools & technologies. As a Cloud Engineer, you are comfortable working independently & alongside other developers. You will build out & shape our infrastructure platform & processes that will be the bedrock of Stash.
What youll do:
- Architect, design, & implement infrastructure services on AWS, including microservices API gateway, data processing/storage solutions, container orchestration services & application performance monitoring & logging solutions
- Facilitate scalable infrastructure for a quickly-growing user base
- Lead operational health, maintenance, optimization, security & migration of data stores
- Coordinate with DevOps Engineers, Backend Engineers & product teams to support end-to-end delivery of software components from inception to production
- Develop & maintain infrastructure modules for use by engineering staff
- Ensure high availability of infrastructure with anomalous behavior alerting
What were looking for:
- 3+ years of professional experience building infrastructure
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, a related technical field, or relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience working with AWS
- Experience deploying & maintain various data sources for structured & unstructured data
- Experience with programming languages (and AWS SDKs)
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, & iterate quickly
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, & maintaining cloud infrastructure
- Experience building an application at scale
- Experience working with Terraform (or Terraform Enterprise)
- Experience transitioning monolithic systems to microservice-based systems
- Experience working with Kubernetes
We believe that diversity & inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, & building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow & retain & we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits andFlexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens & catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services & Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.