Shine is the world's largest self-care club, with 3 million members across 189 countries.
Our approach to wellness: It isn't pricey, preachy, or privileged. We pride ourselves on being accessible, actionable, and non-shamey-we believe personal growth starts with accepting who you are today.
Our members take care of their mental and emotional health daily with the freemium Shine app. It delivers a new motivational message and meditation each day, plus features a library of 500+ meditations to help them cope with specific feelings and situations.
Our premium members also get real-time advice from other Shine members in our private Shine Squad digital community-it's peer-to-peer support that reminds them they don't have to go it alone.
In just two years since launching, our app already has over 10,000 5-star reviews (1 in 3 call Shine life-changing), we were named one of the best self-care apps of 2018 by Apple, and we've seen that increased use of Shine is correlated with decreases in both anxiety and depression by up to 35%.
Our team is awesome. Our community is incredible. Our movement is massive. And this is just the beginning.
You're a creator through and through. You don't just love UX design, you find yourself obsessively thinking about how systems like hospitals, grocery lines, puppy adoption, etc. could be more improved, streamlined processes. Your UX expertise will help you make the best judgement on features that will delight Shine users. Your design skills are fire and it shows in your portfolio and / or your hobbies.
You're looking to spend your time on earth impacting people's lives for the better, and want to have fun doing it. You get excited about solving the world's biggest problems with accessible technology and believe in a world where a daily wellbeing practice is as common as brushing your teeth.
How you will succeed in this role:
Excel at UX and Visual Design: Create sketches, wireframes, polished designs, and prototypes to help communicate your ideas clearly and thoroughly to others; advocate for the best possible experience for our users; maintain clean and organized design systems for collaboration with others
Balance user needs and with business goals: Improve and enhance the UX of Shine's native app, responsive website, and messaging product to drive engagement, retention, and subscription conversion
Build products our users love: Investigate what our users love about our products, how they can be improved, and discover what we aren't even thinking about yet through comp research, user research, surveys, AB tests, experiments, and quantitative data; identify opportunities - big and small - and plans for how to validate them
Test your designs and ideas: Recruit for, plan, and conduct frequent user testing and feedback sessions; translate your findings into design iterations, customer service tickets, and general team knowledge
Move fast and be a team player: Efficiently solicit feedback from other internal teams to quickly build consensus around decisions; work closely with the engineering team to break down large design undertakings into smaller versions that can be developed and launched quickly
Always be iterating: If you like things to be done, this role won't be for you; be unafraid to fail or admit your learnings and propose solutions for how we can continue to iterate
Have a passion about using tech for good: You get excited about solving the world's biggest problems with accessible technology and believe in a world where a daily wellbeing practice is as common as brushing your teeth.
- 4+ years experience in interaction / UX design, preferably for native apps
- A portfolio that shows an ability to distill complexity and ambiguity into well-researched and creative visual designs
- Collaborative and iterative style of designing, that takes user and stakeholder feedback into account
- Passion for building innovative, mission-based products; a knowledge of or interest in the mental health space
- Patience, initiative, an egoless work ethic, willingness to learn, and meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable using Product Design tools like Sketch / Figma / Invision, Zeplin, and JIRA
Bonus points for:
- Branding design, motion design, or illustration skills
- Working with / managing junior designers or external freelancers
- Being unafraid to dig into usage data to inform your design decisions
- Free healthcare! Yep, we cover Medical, Vision & Dental 100%
- Unlimited vacation, that we actually want you to use
- Quarterly performance reviews to help you continue to grow professionally and support you in your goals
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Monthly game nights (aka Codenames night)
- Stand up for something. Literally - we'll give you a standing desk on your first day
- The chance to be part of a welcoming, kind, brilliant team who gets up every morning with the mission of making well-being accessible to all
We strive to bring diversity and inclusivity in everything we create. And that starts from building a team of creators from a wide range of backgrounds. We encourage all to apply! Shine is an equal opportunity employer.