Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. With Appian, customers get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted & unified cloud platform.
At Appian, were seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, & innovation; Empowered by the the best idea wins, we thrive on collaboration & a culture of dissent, encouraging all employees to challenge & elevate one another. We strive for diversity & inclusion through continued education & a commitment to equity.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to accelerate their career by working with top professionals across Sales, Marketing & Engineering. This is a highly visible role. This role reports into the office of the product strategy team.
Senior Director, Market Intelligence & Strategy
Group Mission & Vision:
The Market Intelligence & Strategy group is responsible for analyzing Appians competitors, buyers, markets & prospective markets. We are responsible for:
- Developing winning competitive strategies, world-class sales tools & sales enablement
- Delivering support to our sales team for their competitive needs, including presenting our differentiators to prospects
- Determining why we win & lose business, & sharing these findings cross functionally while recommending changes
- Providing competitive insight for executive decision making
- Analyzing & reporting key market events & developments
- Collaborating with product management to research new solution markets
The Market Intelligence & Strategy Intern will serve as a member of the Product Strategy Team during the Summer 2021 and will support the Market Intelligence function within the product strategy team.
About the Position:
In this important role at Appian, you will:
- Help Appian understand & articulate our differentiators
- Conduct deep competitive research & develop corresponding competitive strategies
- Develop world class sales tools including presentations, comparisons, & videos
- Assist in developing competitive sales training
- Research & analyze market events, including new product announcements, competitor earnings, & acquisitions
- Assist in managing the library of competitive content
- Assist in analyzing why Appian wins & loses opportunities
- Must be a current junior, or rising senior
- Developing a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Economics, Business or another quantitative field of study
- Exceptional creativity & problem-solving skills
- Able to multitask with research projects, data analysis, & coordination with others
- Creative & collaborative
- Strong decision-making skills & the determination to see projects through to the end
- Possesses good people skills with the ability to develop respect & trust with team members
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.