Video Shooter/Editor-XXL Magazine -New York, NY
XXL Magazine is seeking a Video Shooter/Editor to join our production team. In this role, youll film & edit interviews with artists, documentary-style profiles, social media videos for our various platforms, & assist creating original segments & web series. Applicant must be a fan of hip-hop & understand current trends, including music, lifestyle, & video.
In addition to your work at XXL, youll be part of the video team at Townsquare Media. Townsquare owns an array of properties, such as Loudwire (hard rock & heavy metal), ScreenCrush (movies & TV), PopCrush (pop music), Taste of Country, & more. Occasionally youll work with these brands as well.
Who you are: you live & breathe hip-hop. You grew up shooting & editing music videos with your friends, & you have an eye for production design & visual storytelling. You can set up a lighting design in a studio, or film a freestyle in the streets. You are a passionate storyteller, a poet with a camera, & like to have fun when you come to work.
**In order to be considered for the role, please submit your resume, reel, portfolio, & any other appropriate work samples.
- Work with the editorial board of XXL to create stylized videos.
- Create videos from the ground up in house, filming both in-studio & remotely.
- Media intake & management, editing, & motion graphics.
- Graphic design skills to create eye-catching thumbnails for YouTube.
- Travel to film concerts & awards shows, for XXL & other Townsquare Media properties.
- 3-4 years of experience in video production & post-production
- Expertise in FCP X, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, & Photoshop.
- Experience in production & lighting design.
- Extremely organized when it comes to file structure, naming, communication - anything really
- Deadline oriented - you offer a quick turnaround without sacrificing quality
- Be part of a creative team, take feedback easily, but arent afraid to speak your creative voice.
- A scriptwriting background is preferred.
Townsquare is a radio, digital media, entertainment & digital marketing solutions company principally focused on being the premier local advertising & marketing solutions platform in small & mid-sized markets across the U.S. Our assets include 320 radio stations & more than 330+ local websites in 67 U.S. markets, a digital marketing solutions company (Townsquare Interactive), a proprietary digital programmatic advertising platform (Townsquare Ignite) & approximately 200 live events with over one million attendees each year. Our brands include local media assets such asWYRK,KLAQ,K2andNJ101.5; iconic regional & national events such as theTaste of Country Music Festival,WE Fest,Country Jam, theBoise Music Festival, theRed Dirt BBQ & Music FestivalandTaste of Fort Collins; & leading tastemaker music & entertainment websites such asXXLmag.com,TasteofCountry.comandLoudwire.com.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Medias employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.