Who We Are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for an experienced & influential marketing leader to fuel & guide the next stage of our strategic growth & operational execution of expansion across Canada.
As the Marketing Manager, Canada you will own the marketing plan in Canada from end to end & manage a small team to support in the day to day execution. You'll create a strategy that allows us to grow a remote business efficiently by building brand awareness through strategic partnership & grassroot marketing initiatives with the goal of helping students find our courses. You will use data on trends in our regions to optimize our offerings & create value through high-impact, high-volume events, classes & workshops & be responsible for creating meaningful partnership opportunities with noteworthy companies & organizations across our Canadian markets in the tech, design, startup & enterprise ecosystem. This marketing leader will be innovative & have the ability to leverage popular social channels along with being innovative in your approach with emerging platforms. Ultimately, you will be responsible for increasing the size of the General Assembly audience & maintaining a highly engaged & valuable community, allowing GA to continue to grow, scale & change lives.
You'll collaborate closely with many people in the organization to accomplish your goals (the Canadian Admissions, Operations, & Instruction team, the Global Marketing team, & more) & should be adept at managing through influence.
This role is based remotely in Toronto & reports to our Regional Director, Canada.
- Program Planning + Forecasting: Develop a quarterly events & workshops schedule that optimizes market demand & fills our event calendar. Carefully select a mixture of content for your market & forecast the impact against quarterly business goals. Identify the proper speakers, partners & instructors to ensure quality programming that fills the room.
- Program Execution & Scheduling: You manage all aspects of program execution & arent afraid to get your hands dirty. From making sure speakers & instructors show up on time, writing copy & coordinating with our admissions team on strategically alignment with course launches, you are a rockstar at ensuring details are in place. You will be the face of GA & responsible for high-energy introductions & kickoffs for programs.
- Identify relevant new audiences & determine most impactful ways to drive engagement
- Partnership Outreach & Management: You will cultivate new partnerships & maintain relationships with current partners in order to co-develop events & innovative partnerships.
- Tracking & Reporting: You will keep track of & report on all metrics surrounding your event & workshops plan, identify opportunities & optimizations & address pacing issues as necessary.
- Team Management: Manages a team of FT reports supporting your campus marketing goals
- Leader within the local marketing org, supporting team members by testing & rolling out new initiatives
- Instructor Recruiting & Management: Finding talented instructors & experts is the key to developing a great class or workshop. You will source & evaluate the right people for the job & interface with them while they teach with GA.
- Managing the Student Experience: You are responsible for ensuring that the students have a great class, workshop or event experience. Through student feedback & impeccable program execution, students should feel that General Assembly is invested in their success & feel welcomed into the GA Community.
- Event Hosting Via Zoom & or Instagram Live: You will be on Livestreams of all sizes ranging from 10 to 500 people at a time. You will be great at introducing GA, the speakers, facilitation in the chat & getting questions from guests into the Q/A.
- Drive strategy for all owned projects, in partnership with the appropriate stakeholders across the organization.
- Craft project plans, establish success metrics, manage timelines, collaborate with cross-functional business partners, & lead communication internally & externally to ensure alignment of all aspects, up to project launch.
- Analyze & assess the results once projects go live, making adjustments as necessary.
- Manage & Monitor marketing spend against quarterly budgets & key objectives. You know your dashboard well e.g. top of the funnel growth, lead quality, conversion rates, revenue, & expense.
- Communicate priorities & recommendations to the Regional Director to manage & grow the marketing funnel in support of the markets revenue target.
- LinkedIn community management, familiarity with Slack & or Discord Community Management
- You have 4-5 years of prior marketing experience, with exposure to - & a solid understanding of - a range of marketing channels, such as: events, growth hacking, partnerships, email, website, paid, social, emerging platforms & content.
- Proven success launching products in new markets without an existing presence
- You are entrepreneurial, independent, & self-directed, with the ability to set your own goals & priorities with minimal guidance. You are comfortable with ambiguity & last-minute changes, & remain calm under pressure.
- Some Experience with hosting Livestreams on platforms like (Twitch, Zoom Webinar, Instagram Live ect)
- You have previous experience making decisions based on analyzing quantitative & qualitative data.
- You are highly organized: When it comes to workflow, you take pride in your organizational skills. You can coordinate multiple projects at once & work with all necessary parties externally & internally to get the job done. You have the ability to multitask, prioritize, problem-solve, & execute in a timely fashion.
- You have past management experience & know how to motivate & empower your team to hit their goals.
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- A passion for education is a plus