Brex is revolutionizing financial services for businesses, starting with corporate cards for startups. We are building the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features & a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms & industry veterans such as Peter Thiel & Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, & were looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven & diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, & comfort learning new technologies. Most importantly, were looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, & needs.
As the Director of Payments Risk, you will lead Brexs risk & fraud teams & be responsible for implementing a next-generation & highly scalable risk management platform. Your objective is to protect Brex, its partners and, most important, unlock trusted & reliable experiences for our customers across all Brex lines of business. In this role, you will partner with senior leadership & cross functional partners build a world-class risk management framework & brand at Brex.
- Enhance Brexs account, ATO & transaction risk systems to mitigate account & transaction fraud losses & keep Brex, our customers, & our partners safe
- Oversee Brexs dispute management processes to maximize favorable outcomes while working to streamline the process both internally & externally
- Foster a risk-based approach within Brex & partner with Brex Card & Cash Product & Engineering to continually develop know-your-customer, anti-money laundering, & regulatory compliance programs
- Collaborate with Credit Risk, Enterprise Risk, Legal, Compliance & Security teams to build a comprehensive enterprise risk management plan & conduct a monthly Risk Review
- Stay abreast of external regulatory requirements & changes to network rules & relevant standards & maintain 3rd party engagement with risk service providers
- Perform sector analysis regularly in order to assess portfolio concentration or macro trends
- Scale a data driven, multi-functional Payments Risk team across multiple offices
What We Value
- 10+ years, including leadership experience, in payments risk management, transaction fraud & enterprise risk management in card & deposit lines of business
- Ability to take a hands-on approach to developing fraud modeling & monitoring across Brexs products
- Prior history of engagement with 3rd party risk vendors required & direct experience with regulators preferred
- Deep understanding of corporate payments, financial services & risk systems
- Proven cross-functional & interpersonal skills with a bias toward action & delivering results
- Bachelor's degree required (MBA preferred)