BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative & resourceful video producer who can help build compelling Tasty programming & shows for our Facebook & YouTube pages. Must be a native of the digital & pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest & greatest in social media, food content, & emerging technology/platforms. The ideal candidate has a background in independent video production & an obsession with storytelling & creating food content. You'll develop, produce, & edit video content, as you report directly to the supervising producer of the team. Additionally, you'll work collaboratively with other producers on your team in both LA & NYC, as well as with other teams across BuzzFeed.
- Create, shoot, edit, & produce Tasty content & shows
- Develop concepts for internal Tasty shows & assist in the development of external Tasty show concepts
- Produce, shoot, & edit Tasty show sizzles & pilots
- Work collaboratively with other producers, chefs, & talent on getting pilots ready for season
- Make creative, fun, & social-driven food shows that people will like & share across our platforms
- Analyze the results of your work to learn from pilot tests & improve Tasty series, particularly with regard to audience response & performance metrics
- 3-5 years of experience with video production & familiarity with DSLR cameras, lighting, editing, & audio recording.
- 3-5 years proven experience creating compelling food content for the web
- Strong passion for food/cooking shows, both digital & linear
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Photoshop)
- A competitive drive -- you enjoy challenging yourself & really going for it
- Ability to work on your own as well as in small teams
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.