At Tanium, Partner Technical Solution Engineers thrive on enabling & enhancing partner technical sales skills & offerings using Tanium.
This role focuses on:
- Identifying, qualifying & exploring new ways for consultancies, systems integrators, & managed services providers to derive value from our platform.
- Working closely with our partners to architect, develop & enhance partner services leveraging Tanium in alignment with our mutual business goals.
- Building & growing relationships with the partner ranging from engineers to executive leaders.
- Guide partners to realize the services value using the Tanium platform.
As a Partner Technical Solutions Engineer, you will report to the VP, Technical Partnerships & Alliances, & will work closely with our partner business development team, & both technical & business-oriented partner stakeholders. Accordingly, a successful candidate will have a blend of business & technical skills. This position encompasses a wide range of responsibilities & opportunities, we seek exceptionally versatile candidates with demonstrable acumen in each of the below areas.
What youll do:
Work closely with our Partners to:
- Establish & deliver exceptional Tanium technical value to the partner
- Become an expert in our partners solution & services offerings.
- Manage the technical relationship with our key stakeholders at the partner firm
- Develop trust with all levels within the partner organization
- Evangelize the Tanium platform generating Tanium preference.
- Impart partners how to use Tanium in their services offerings
- Enable & provide support facilitating Tanium Demo/POC of the Tanium Platform
- Function as an advisor/liaison between partners & product development
- Engage to develop & execute on the technical strategy, plan, & objectives for partners & Tanium.
- Thrive in a team-oriented culture through delivering a significant individual contribution while collaborating with & strengthening teammates
- Think critically, spanning the partners service development, creation, enablement & sales process
- Work closely with Tanium Strategic Alliances Business Development team
- Expected to travel up to 60% of the time on average (varies by partner requirements)
Were looking for someone with:
- BS degree in computer science, MIS, or equivalent experience required
- 4+ years of working with partners & integrating software solutions with service providers
- Experience in a role requiring translating between the business & technology realms, for example pre-sales engineering, consulting.
- Proficient delivering technical sales instruction & guidance to small & large groups on technology, technical concepts, & use.
- Core technical understanding, developed through 5+ years of hands-on experience in one or more of the domains below, of the modern IT environment. Broad knowledge across several technical domains is required, coupled with deep knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Endpoint Security
- Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting
- Incident response
- Systems Management
- Systems Administration
- Software Engineering
- Utility Scripting (e.g. bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc.)
- Ability to envision how technology can create or enhance business opportunities for service providers.
- Track record of driving projects from idea to implementation.
- Hands-on Tanium experience a major plus
- Naturally team-oriented with a mission first attitude
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, & diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises & governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives & by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world & its imperative that the diversity of our customers & communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed & grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.