Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Product Manager to join our Platform team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology & design to revolutionize healthcare. As a Product Manager, youll play a key role in helping Oscar solve problems & accelerating your teams execution. In this role, youll join our Platform product team, which is focused on building a unified, user-centric, & flexible platform to tackle complex problems across our core insurance business.
- Create the vision, strategy, & roadmap for future product investments in one of the following areas: (1) utilization management, risk adjustment, & ancillary claims platforms, (2) eligibility & billing platform, or (3) small group data models & APIs
- Partner with engineering to ship functionality that delights users, has the right balance of impact vs engineering cost, & makes a measurable impact on the business
- Interact with internal & external stakeholders to identify problems & translate their needs into product requirements
- Enable knowledge sharing & best practices for the different needs throughout the organization to level up our platform.
- Define a set of KPIs to measure business & operational impact, & be able to analyze them & utilize them in decision making processes.
You will report to a Senior Product Manager in our NYC office.
This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Comfortable with complex systems. You know how to analyze & decompose a complex system into its member parts, & how to communicate that complexity simply & cleanly.
- User-centric. You have a grasp of user experience & design with members, providers, internal users, & more in mind
- A researcher. You can think creatively about how to get the information you need to prove or disprove your hypothesis using user research or data (hard data skills like SQL a plus).
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem & create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines & bring everyone together using clear communication & strong structured thinking.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we cant fix all of them at once! Where will you start & why?
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, & other teams around you do their best work. You are always driving towards a decision.
- Experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 2+ years.
- Defining the business & user goals of a product team by identifying & prioritizing areas across our platform where the business can make a greater impact to achieve its goals.
- Work with engineers, designers & other company partners to create specs & implement features.
- Make sure your projects are progressing smoothly, while weighing the trade-offs among speed, scale-ability, simplicity, & quality.
- Produce insights from data & user research to help you identify potential improvements.
- Coordinate & organize work across multiple perspectives & functions within Oscar.
Nice to Haves:
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.