We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Sales at Vacasa
If Vacasas incredible growth didnt make it obvious, were good at what we do. Were people people. We think on our feet, & respond with tailored solutions. Our team has the street smarts, ambition, & talent to turn every potential market into a Vacasa community.
What were looking for:
We are looking for an entry level Business Development Specialist to help us implement & adapt our growth plan. The role we are hiring for will include a variety of tasks including researching our competitors & local regulations, developing referral networks with local real estate agents & other potential sources within the vacation rental industry, drafting customized letters to potential clients, cold calling prospective leads, systematically managing leads, setting appointments, meeting with prospective clients, closing sales, representing our company in a professional & collaborative manner in the community & contributing to the strategic direction for the Business Development Team.
In the role of Business Development Specialist, you will be managed by a Senior Business Development Representative who will work with you to advance your career goals in line with the goals of Vacasa. This will require knowledge of the vacation rental industry, the ability to act as a consultant to homeowners, & to initiate what will be long term relationships with clients for the company.
Successful candidates will be strong communicators who are comfortable contacting leads over the phone & in person, can learn & adapt quickly, are grounded in ethical business practices & find reward in building a strong organization. Consistently meeting departmental goals while maintaining high customer satisfaction is a must. You will need to demonstrate a track record of excellence as a team player who is also self-motivated, reliable & coachable.
What youll do
- Primary duty will be to handle inbound/outbound sales operations through telesales, email correspondence, & in-person meetings
- Collaborate with team to identify opportunities, plan & execute management portfolio growth
- Learn & communicate company services & policies & to stay on top of policy changes
- Consistently log & update calls & leads into company-specific lead management system
- Handle large volume of networking & lead generation while following through on established leads
- Attend weekly department meetings
- Drive Vacasas brand through customer-facing channels - such as becoming a member of the Chamber of Commerce, attend local organized affiliates, establish relationships with realtors & brokers
- Create initiatives for focused growth, using tailored messaging for specific buyer personas
- Work with multiple internal teams, including marketing, legal, operations with regard to increasing efficiencies & driving a high converting sales process.
- Establish contract negotiations
- The job duties described, are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, & skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Skills Youll Need:
- The ideal candidate will be a self starter that is accustomed to lead generation.
- Self-motivated & self-sufficient, while having the confidence to seek guidance & direction as needed
- Ability to set & exceed aggressive individual & organizational goals
- Solution oriented problem solver
- A Vacasa sales representative will find new ways of uncovering potential clients, & will create solutions for prospects so that Vacasa's products fit well with their needs.
- CRM experience is a must
- The ability to manage a pipeline & maximize conversion of new contracts
- Instill confidence using a consultative approach with prospects over the phone & in person
- Solid computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office & cloud computing programs
- Ability & desire to work for a growing, fast paced start-up company with an evolving structureand frequently changing computer systems & policies
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, both oral & written
Home office setting to start with occasional training sessions at the Portland corporate office & offsite team meetings in our various regions. Requires frequent, repetitive use of a computer, phone, & office equipment. Requires patient, professional communication with prospective clients & the ability to build confidence with leads over the phone.
Dont Forget the Perks:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurances
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All of the equipment youll need to be successful
- Smart Phone