Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We are looking for a seasoned compensation professional with experience in a rapid growth tech environment.
Candidates will have significant experience leading a compensation/total rewards team, building compensation programs & working throughout organizations to implement & communicate. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Head of Total Rewards will lead the Compensation & Total Rewards function & be a leader within DigitalOcean as we continue our growth.
As Head of Total Rewards, you will be responsible for administering all aspects of DOs compensation & total rewards programs. As DOCN continues to evolve to a pay for performance culture the clarity, simplicity & communications around the compensation programs will become increasingly important. As a shared owner of DOCNs pay for performance philosophy & annual award processes, you will play a key role in proactively defining the strategic direction of DO through the administration of global cash comp, bonus design, long-term incentive programs, ESPP, executive compensation & benefits while ensuring alignment with our business & people strategy.
What Youll Be Doing
- Lead DigtalOceans compensation & total rewards strategy & execution from plan design to administration & reporting.
- Build a team of compensation experts to assist in the day-to-day administration of total rewards. Be an inspirational leader, coach & teammate.
- Serve as a member of the People Leadership Team ensuring strong working relationships & clear processes & practices for all aspects of the People Team.
- Ensure all compensation strategies & total rewards strategies are aligned with market data, our compensation philosophy & internal equity. And that all programs are clearly communicated to the People Team, Leaders, managers & the organization.
- Administer DOs long-term incentive programs globally to ensure that awards & transactions are processed in an accurate & timely manner
- Analyze market data & prepare presentations for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors as well as BoD presentations.
- In conjunction with Finance & Legal oversee aspects of equity grants routine grants & performance grants to ensure consistency, accuracy, & meaningful equity awards are issued globally to our employees
- Develop progressive total rewards programs for a rapidly growing, global organization.
- Partner with our Deputy General Counsel & Chief People Officer on presentations for the board of directors & Compensation Committee, ESPP administration, Executive Compensation, etc
- Assist in implementation of new HRIS system implementation, integration & maintenance.
- Provide oversight to stock plan transaction quality to ensure each individuals award, excise, & taxation is reflected correctly
- Manage vendor partnership & relationship with Shareworks, our stock plan administrator
- Serve as the main point of contact for employee questions related to DOs long-term incentive programs & equity awards; support employee inquiries regarding eligibility, vesting schedules, & the exercise process
- Facilitate employee & manager education sessions & maintain resource materials our internal People Wiki
What Well Expect Of You
- Strong leader & proven ability to work with team & clients to drive continuous improvement.
- Proven experience in a compensation & total rewards leadership capacity; public company experience is required
- Strong analytical & reporting skills, CCP a plus
- Experience with BOD & executive compensation, ESPP, stock administration, vendor stock plan & HRIS systems
- Commitment to adhering to deadlines, ability to operate with a sense of urgency & balance multiple priorities
- High level of integrity & trust, ability to keep information confidential
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!