Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy insurance online. Since 2014, weve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech & helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role
Fun fact: when asked about what they value in coming to work every day, 9 out of 10 Policygenius employees we surveyed mentioned the Policygenius team:
I enjoy working with hilarious people...who immediately elevate my work.
Its great to work with individuals who value not only their personal work, but the people around them as well.
...this roughly translates to amazing people who help each other out to get their best work done as a team.
We believethat recruiting is the bedrock of our talent philosophy; it sets the tone for all future talent development, & has a meaningful effect on our company culture & employee experience. As a technical recruiter on the People team,you willplay an essential role in building & retaining our extraordinary team, driving hiring strategy & managing the day-to-day of a busy recruiting pipeline.You willserve as a trusted partner to your hiring managers & a transparent advocate for your candidates, always seeking the best possible experience for everyone involved; & youllcollaborate withinternal partners enhance our strategic people programs across the organization. This role reports to the Director of Recruiting & Talent Strategy.
- Manage the entire recruiting process for a variety of requisitions across the Policygenius engineering, product, design, & business intelligence teams, including: sourcing, screening, interviewing, soliciting feedback, managing candidates, & coordinating offers
- Source active & passive candidates throughcreativeandthoughtfulsourcing methods
- Drive creation of all components of a successful hiring process includingjob descriptions, interview plans, & offers
- Serve as the first & primary point of contact for engaged candidates: guide them through the Policygenius interview process, provide feedback & create an incredible candidate experience every step of the way
- Support Pgs values-driven culture by leaning in across multiple stages of the employee life-cycle, including employer branding, diversity & inclusion programming, onboarding, & employee fulfillment
- Bachelors degree with 5+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience, ideally in a startup or agency environment; tech recruiting experience is required
- Previous success partnering with hiring managers to find, engage & hire amazing technical talent
- A passion for relationship-motivated recruiting andbuilding long-term relationshipswith prospective candidates
- An empathetic communication style & an ability to tailor effective messaging to a variety of audiences
- Proven resilience & cool under pressure; comfort handling a robust pipeline of candidates across multiple searches
- A metrics- & process-orientation & a passion for clean data
- Experience with recruiting tools (ATS, LinkedIn, etc) & techniques
- Passion for our mission to get consumers the financial protection they need & help them feel good about it!
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life&disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA&commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)