JW Players Mobile SDKs team builds native video player SDKs for our customers iOS & Android apps. This is a growth-stage product that has seen a market opportunity develop & expand since phones now power more than 50% of video plays across the internet worldwide.
Were looking for an experienced, enthusiastic product manager to lead the product & partner with the engineering team to create the most stable, easiest to implement video player SDKs. This person will be eager to discover our customers needs & help drive product adoption. Our ideal candidate already possesses video playback knowledge, which helps in understanding & prioritizing efforts for this relatively technical product.
Youll craft your product strategy with & report to the Group Product Manager of Playback to ensure a consistent experience across all devices where video is played. Youll collaborate with engineering, product marketing, technical services, & senior leadership to deliver the future of this strategic product. This is an active, cross-functional role where every day is different & multiple projects at different stages are in flight at the same time. The mobile SDKs product provides an ideal opportunity to achieve success in growth & retention, talk to customers all over the world, work with important technology, & overcome new challenges.
JW Players mission is to provide media companies with everything they need to run & grow their video business. We enable our customers to deliver engaging video experiences anywhere. We specialize in streaming, video management, & playback technology, as well as helping companies maximize their revenue from advertising, which is the lifeblood.
What you will do:
- Lead product development & go-to-market for the next major release of the mobile SDKs.
- Own & drive all aspects of the product, from doing discovery work to creating roadmaps, from writing product requirements to completing go-to-market activities with product marketing, & anything in between.
- Talk directly with customers & internal stakeholders to identify needs & shape requirements for releases that deliver on outcomes, not outputs.
- Run planning meetings, help technical services teams, organize things, & coordinate user-facing documentation.
- Communicate with everyone across the company, from engineering teams to technical services, executive stakeholders, customers, & partners.
- Evangelize the product by promoting new features to clients, defining success metrics, & accelerating adoption by enabling the sales team.
- Cultivate an industry expertise to anticipate future needs & steer product strategy.
- Exemplify our core values & act as a leader; help to grow company culture & evolve product practices.
- You have 3+ years of hands-on product management experience, as a titled Product Manager.
- The areas of existing subject matter expertise were looking to hire for are video playback, such as adaptive streaming, live delivery, & client-side programmatic video advertising, & native middleware, such as analytics or advertising SDKs.
- Someone with a passion for their craft, who has enthusiasm for the entire product development lifecycle from discovery to delivery, & is eager to learn & evolve all things.
- A confident, clear written & verbal communicator, who is equally at ease with engineers & business stakeholders.
- Youre an acceptance criteria pro & efficient backlog prioritizer, who has experience leading engineering teams that practice Scrum & have a set release cadence.
- Someone who takes initiative, is always looking for the next challenge, & can lead product development efforts autonomously & with little to no supervision.
- You have experience instrumenting, measuring, & analyzing product data.
- Familiarity with BI tools, GSuite, & Atlassian products.
- You have experience crafting a compelling product strategy on your own and/or participating in strategic initiatives.
- You enjoy consuming video & other media on your phone.
- You have experience using Looker & Salesforce.
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.