CatPerson is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats & cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats & products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, & thoughtfully designed for their people. By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, & marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market & flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded in March 2020 with support & initial investment by Harrys, & built by a founding team that has decades of experience launching, growing & scaling transformational brands & businesses across large CPG & direct-to-consumer/e-commerce industries.
As a small team of cat & animal lovers looking to grow our brand & company the right way, with the right people, Cat Person is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
Head of Retail, CatPerson
As the Head of Retail, you will be a part of the core team responsible for building a new disruptor brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love & innovation to a long overlooked & underserved category: cat care. Launched in March 2020, Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture & toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cats & the cat persons needs in everything we make & do. We arent just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; were here to redefine what it means to be a cat person in culture today.
The Head of Retail will be an important role leading our Cat Person business into retail. This role will have a direct impact on the companys future growth as they will continue to build scale & significantly broaden the awareness for our brand. For this role, we are looking for an experienced & well rounded customer development leader one who understands the retail customer needs & requirements, while translating & implementing the CatPerson vision in retail formats. As this role works across almost all of CatPersons functions (Brand, Insights, Analytics, Innovation, Distribution, Planning, etc.), we need a teammate who can collaborate across functions, develop strategies, & effectively communicate across teams to enable partner functions to meet & exceed customer expectations. This role also requires strong organizational skills, analytical capabilities, & a continuous improvement attitude.
As part of the senior team, you will be a key leader in helping to establish our creative culture, building, leading & inspiring A+ talent, & guiding our team in creating amazing work. You will work closely with leaders across R&D, Operations, Digital, & Brand fostering a collaborative work environment & shared sense of building.
Your core responsibilities
- Lead customer development activity managing the Cat Person brands strategy at retail
- Develop & implement Annual Business Plan for retailer/s that delivers on revenue & profit goals & works across company channel strategy
- Develop & implement the go-to-market strategy for our retailer/s launch, inclusive of merchandising & in-store marketing
- Build outstanding relationships with retail merchants to drive optimized outcomes for our brand
- Lead customer development, sales analytics, JBP, & forecasting needs, as well as project management & strategic execution
- Run the P&L for retail, including all elements of trade spending
These should describe you
- Professional, enthusiast, a solid teammate, & possesses a drive for results
- Customers at the core: passion for driving phenomenal customer & retail partner experience, ability to think outside in from the start
- Very organized, diligent, & proven track record of delivering top & bottom line results in a customer development capacity
- Partner first, someone who is a natural collaborator, brings people in, listens, & helps facilitate everyone to the best answer
- Loves change: able to figure it out when faced with a situation that requires invention & leans into changing direction & demands
- A passion for building; someone who is drawn to the idea of building a nascent brand
- 100% game to get their hands dirty & hustle to build something (no task to small mentality)
- Able to thrive in fast-paced environments where you can move fast & adapt quickly
- Fail forward: willing to try new things, use facts to guide a decision across a collective group
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, & encouraging communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Experience in CPG sales, marketing, or retail is ideal
Who you will work with
- Internally: Your primary connections will be with Brand Team, Demand Planning, Distribution & Logistics, Design, & Innovation
- Externally: You will work closely with retail buying teams & cross-functional partners
- You'll report to the CEO
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits & our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $147,600-$202,950, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidates location, skill level & experience.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered & able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter & your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized & able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.