Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
CarGurus is seeking a Principal Business Intelligence Analyst to join the FP&A team. The Business Intelligence function under FP&A is responsible for the analytical rigor behind reporting, forecasting, & financial modeling that enable day-to-day & strategic decisions. The ideal candidate should be a logical thinker who excels at complex problem-solving & is able to synthesize information from disparate data sources for a wide range of audiences.
Primary day-to-day responsibilities will require digging into data & executing analyses that support decisions that are immediately impactful. This role requires a balanced focus on growth, innovation, operations & process improvement with a focus on data analytics. Success in this role requires an analytical mindset, curiosity, an interest in solving data problems, & the ability to translate data insights into proposed clear, logical & motivating actions.
What you'll do:
- Work directly with functional VPs, Directors, & other senior management providing specialized support to enable decision-making
- Work in cross-functional teams to define & implement business & technical definitions of company-wide metrics
- Support internal business leaders with weekly, monthly & quarterly operational & financial reporting
- Identify & analyze trends to highlight problems to address or opportunities to pursue
- Analyze existing & potential market opportunity to enable decisions on sales strategy
- Analyze the companys financial performance
- Collaborate with engineering & operations teams on data integrity & process improvements
Who you are:
- 3-5 years of experience in BI, Operations, FP&A or another analytical role
- Proficient with SQL
- Advanced Excel skills
- Comfort with complex interconnected logic & ambiguity
- Looker, Tableau or another BI tool experience a plus
- Experience in technology & SaaS preferred
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI, Dublin, IE, & London, UK. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Individuals seeking employment at CarGurus are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.