WHO WE ARE
Vox Medias Revenue organization handles advertising & marketing partnerships with brands & agencies, as well as lines of business in consumer revenue & commerce across the organization.
Vox Media is the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about whats now, whats next, & whats possible.
As a community of journalists & storytellers, business professionals, creators & technologists, we believe it is a moral & business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, & inclusion throughout our organization & media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, & our platforms, products, & partnerships.
WHAT YOULL DO
The Senior Creative Strategist role on the Vox Media Creative Strategy team calls for a quick-witted, forward-thinking creative with the unique ability to fill the gap between multiple parties, platforms, brands & objectives with sharp, original, creative solutions. The role requires a hyper-collaborative, highly-energetic individual with the capacity to think on their feet & operate with effective, superior written & verbal communication skills.
A key player on the fast-growing team, their core responsibilities will include carving out creative solutions & innovations across Vox Medias full brand portfolio (Vox, The Verge, Recode, SB Nation, Polygon, Eater, Punch, New York Magazine, Intelligencer, The Cut, Vulture, The Strategist, Curbed, Grub Street, POPSUGAR, The Dodo, Thrillist, NowThis).
These include but are not limited to: content & products including Editorial, Social, Video, Experiential, Podcast & Tech innovations. With a talent for seeking out new formats, platforms & storylines, this individual is immersed in the digital media world in a way that allows them to consistently bring new solutions to the table, specifically designed to help grow the scope & quality of Vox Medias creative capabilities across the board in todays ultra fast-paced digital marketing landscape.
- Create 360 programs across the brand portfolio, for a multitude of advertisers
- Work with sales team to create strategically sound communications ideas
- Present concepts to clients as needed
- Brief internal teams on the creative vision for every project
- Collaborate with on strategic thinking & planning for key accounts
- Utilize Vox Media data (from our Insights & research team) & qualitative insights from competitors, to create unconventional content ideas & strategies
- Develop a broad understanding of all Vox Brands: assets, platforms, products, capabilities & offerings
WHO YOU ARE
- Creative Writing: From a 360 campaign idea to a video treatment to writing pithy copy for a product, event, app, or other marketing initiative, youre an agile creative writer.
- Content Development: Youre a media-agnostic creative who can ideate in terms of integrated advertising campaigns, short & long form content, experiential/events, product design, outdoor/digital installations, & any & everything else. The world is truly your canvas.
- Competitive, Trend Hunting (Social) & Storytelling: Your social chops are on point - your friends turn to you for the latest & greatest of whats happening on the Internet & every existing & emerging platform.
- Innovation: You can think beyond content to break the mold & blur the lines between advertising, content, technology, interactive experiences & beyond.
- Insights Analysis: Youre a creative & a strategist. You understand the value of insights & you can leverage these insights to create a unique story across any format.
- 5+ years copywriting experience. Advertising/Brand, Branded Content, or Editorial writing experience, with a portfolio to share. Mix of publisher & brand/agency experience is a plus.
- Experience in working in collaborative sales processes, including the interaction required in an advertising sales environment
- Proven & tested ability to juggle multiple projects, deal with multiple personalities, & maintain a positive attitude through it all
- Strong understanding of how to translate the long-term business objectives of advertisers into solutions that could be provided by Vox
- Have the ability to evangelize Creative Strategy to internal stakeholders & clients
WHERE YOULL WORK
This job is remote/in office in New York City. Were dedicated to the health & wellbeing of all of our employees, & when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves & create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products & services come from people with all manner of backgrounds & experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work & sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights & best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency & communication. Learn more about our values here, & our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (email@example.com).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, & how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.