Who We Are
Yieldmo is an advertising technology company that operates a smart exchange that differentiates & enhances the value of ad inventory for buyers & sellers. As a leader in contextual analytics, real time technology, & digital formats, we create, measure, model, & optimize campaigns for unmatched scale & performance. By understanding how each unique impression behaves & looking for patterns & performance in real time, we can drive real performance gains without relying on audience data.
What We Need
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to develop optimization models to enhance our marketplace. You will use statistical analysis, machine learning, & optimization techniques to help answer questions such as, what is the propensity for a buyer to purchase an ad impression, what price will the buyer pay for the ad impression, & how valuable is this ad opportunity. You will be part of a team of data scientists & engineers that is focused on increasing yield to sellers on our marketplace while ensuring that buyers performance objectives are met. You will use a cutting-edge cloud technology stack to work with a dataset comprising billions of daily records & petabytes of storage, & make hundreds of millions of predictions deployed to environments requiring milliseconds response times.
- Develop models that help predict the value of an ad impression on our marketplace.
- Perform large-scale data analysis & develop optimization algorithms.
- Predictive analytics & modeling.
- Machine learning with high dimensionality.
- Statistical data modeling & analysis.
- At least 5+ years experience working as a Data Scientist.
- A passion for innovating with data science at scale applying modern algorithms to massive datasets & creating measurable business value.
- Must be able to develop working prototypes, prove that they add meaningful value, & ensure that they are implemented properly in a production environment.
- Excellent understanding of algorithms, scalability, & various tradeoffs in a big data setting.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Comfortable working with onshore & offshore distributed teams.
- Strong expertise in at least one language for data manipulation, analysis, & machine learning, such as Python, R, or Matlab, interacting with distributed computing resources.
- Experience in querying & manipulating data with SQL or another data query language in a big data environment.
- MS or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Nice to Haves
- Ad tech experience (SSPs, DSPs, Analytics, DMPs, CDPs).
- Intermediate-level programming experience with Python.
- Microservices architecture experience.
- Exposure to Snowflake & Looker or similar platforms.
- Exposure to high-volume low-latency environments.
- Exposure to AWS or Google Cloud.
- White glove service to help you upgrade your home office
- 1 Mental Escape (ME) day each month to fully unplug & recharge
- Work life balance, flexible PTO & competitive compensation packages
- A generous learning stipend & other opportunities for professional development