Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are looking to hire a Product Strategy Associate to join the team responsible for building the systems that deliver personalized technical education & empower our users through the difficult journey of learning to code.Our Product team designs & implements new product ideas that affect the learning of millions of people per year. Once we identify a place in our product line that can improve, we partner with multiple cross-functional teams including Engineering, Design, Curriculum, & People Ops to ensure new products successfully launch & grow.
This role is designed to take people with great analysis & implementation skills & allow them to learn the ropes of the startup world. Your work will involve a combination of research, analysis, & project management to help Codecademy improve our products & business. An example project might be modeling & strategizing how to improve learner cohort LTV & retention, or international market research & expansion.
Ideal candidates will come from backgrounds such as management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or strategic finance. You will be able to see first hand how a fast growing technology start up operates. Youll help us identify the next most promising product & business ideas, & in many cases, design, build, & shepherd them into reality. It is an intense program to groom the next generation of business leaders for Codecademy.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work with the product team to analyze existing products & business lines, provide insights to help develop Codecademys product roadmap & strategy
- Deliver advanced business, product & user analyses to help us grow our product vision
- Work with the data science team closely to design & implement advanced models/analytics to improve Codecademys business operations
- Industry landscape & competitive market research to inform business & product strategy at Codecademy
- Develop Executive communication & presentations when called upon
- Special strategic or corporate development initiatives as needed by the CEO and/or executive management
You will be successful if you:
- Are comfortable with ambiguity & working in a fast-paced environment
- Balance critical thinking with creative problem-solving
- Are efficient & scrappy, able to solve problems using minimal resources
- Are proactive & action-oriented, taking the can do approach
- Seek first to understand, then be understood
- Can demonstrate patience in stressful situations
- Make informed decisions, balancing quantitative & qualitative reasoning
- Believe coding gives people opportunity
- 3 to 5 years of experience at a leading management consulting firm, investment bank, or research firm
- Expert in written communication & presentation skills. Skilled in cross-functional teamwork & coordination
- Excellent analytical skills - advanced spreadsheet & modeling skills, basic to intermediate command of SQL. Knowledge of Looker, Tableau, or equivalent tools a plus.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.