Seeking a forward-thinking, tenured Director of Logistics reporting to the Vice President, Supply Chain Planning & Logistics. This position will be responsible for all Middle Mile logistics functions (from distribution to DC out to last mile delivery hubs across the US). The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate a Director Level ownership mentality & showcase a proven history of Development, Planning & Implementation of company goals & objectives. Must have thorough understanding of modal operations including Intermodal, FTL, LTL, Parcel, as well as extensive experience in developing a bulk storage & distribution center network. Additionally, the ideal candidate will distill logistics data into insightful business conclusions & recommendations.
This position will be based at Peloton HQ in New York.
- Management of the Middle Mile Logistics function:
- Ownership of middle mile logistics related goals & objectives.
- Develop & Maintain KPIs for middle mile logistics in the US
- Management of all data sources including quality & accuracy. Be able to understand & clearly communicate data to all levels of the organization.
- Analyze all aspects of logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies. (Mode optimization)
- Disseminate monthly carrier & 3PL scorecards & monitor overall performance against scorecard goals /expectations & driving to countermeasures.
- Own relationship & performance of 3PL network of distribution centers (parcel & bulk)
- Anticipate & Improve the transportation processes:
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
- Perform periodic review of delivery network to maximize proper utilization & reduce transportation costs.
- Increasing awareness of the cost & service impact of transportation on overall supply chain performance.
- Relentlessly combating freight rates & accessorial charges.
- Manage Lead time uncertainties & on-time delivery charges.
- Understanding of freight capacity constraints.
- Understand & develop relationships with last mile operations to proactively mitigate customer delivery implications
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate business systems or processes globally.
- Have effective & honest communications with supporting facts with all internal functions
- Promote & facilitate the establishment of continuous improvement tools
- Identify mid to long term logistics needs to support the growth of the business, develop & implement new logistics models
- Collaborate with DC & last mile operations to drive efficiencies in middle mile & warehouse operations
- Bachelors degree required Degree in Business Analytics, Logistics or Supply Chain Management preferred
- Min 10 year experience in a Logistics, with min 5 yrs at a Fortune 1000 company with a large distribution network
- Demonstrated experience (re)designing a logistics network for a company with growing logistics needs
- Demonstrated experience implementing TMS & leveraging load optimization to manage shipments
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.