Position Description: The Emerging Markets Account Executive (AE) at Okta is responsible for all aspects of new-logo acquisition & install base expansion for our small to medium prospective & current customers. Core responsibilities include territory planning, prospecting, relationship development, running sales cycles, pricing, presentation delivery, negotiations, & closing. In this high-velocity role, expect to own deals from cradle-to-grave in collaboration with account teams, sales engineers, professional services, & partners.
Our AES strive to understand the specific challenges that both prospects & customers are faced with & map Oktas solutions accordingly to achieve the desired positive business outcomes. They cultivate positive relationships with customers & key partners while maintaining a solid knowledge of Oktas evolving technology as well as contending differentiators. It is imperative that you demonstrate leadership qualities, ethical behavior, excellent work ethic & a focus on collaboration with both internal counterparts as well as customers.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Forecast opportunities to hit or exceed a quarterly quota in a defined territory
- Cultivate relationships with supporting members of the Sales Development Team
- Build sales decks that wow your prospects during your product demonstrations
- Build & maintain a robust sales pipeline within our small to medium-sized segment
- Work with partners & strategic alliances to extend reach & new opportunities
- Accelerate customer adoption by expanding Oktas product use within your customer base
- Manage contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts & ensure customer success
- at least 1 year of B2B closing sales experience, SaaS/Cloud strongly preferred
- A track record of success selling to small to medium-sized businesses
- Prior experience managing a territory based quota
- Strong verbal & written communications skills
- Works well in teams & synergetic environments
- ISV/Partnership experience preferred
- Significant experience presenting/running demos to C-level executives
- BS/BA degree required
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.