Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide & joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, & The Netherlands.
About the Role:
The Talent Team at Planet is charting a new course & were seeking an experienced Senior Technical Recruiter to help us take hiring to astronomical heights! Your mission will be to find the next wave of talent that will impact the future of Planet. Maintaining a human-centered approach, you will own working with department heads & hiring managers to create a streamlined & positive process. As the first impression for Planet you will be a key ambassador in telling our story. And, lucky for you, its quite a compelling one!
Impact Youll Own:
- Source, screen, cultivate, & close...rinse & repeat (with only the best of conditioner), never losing sight of the humanity needed to develop genuine relationships with diverse pools of the Bay Areas top technical talent.
- Command deep understanding with the inner workings of each team you partner with, enabling their vision through a balanced focus on speed, quality & experience
- Develop helpful & effective relationship with hiring leaders & their interview panels
- Facilitate pre-interview briefings & post-interview feedback debriefs to ensure we are aligning from the start & checking our bias.
- Utilize the full functionality of our recruiting tech stack, ensuring the integrity of all data. If its not in Greenhouse, it didnt happen!
- Host & participate in inclusion recruiting events both onsite & in partnership with community orgs to impact the awareness of the Planet Talent Brand & all of our job opportunities with & for the most underrepresented communities in tech. We simply dont buy that its a pipeline problem.
- Collaborate with Head of Talent & Belonging on special projects from time to time to stretch & grow
What You Bring:
- A passion for people, space tech, diversity, equity & inclusion
- Authentic ability to connect with people from all backgrounds & experience levels
- Advanced full-cycle, tech recruiting experience, most recent of which gained in-house experience at an agile, data-driven technology company
- Experience working with & recruiting for software engineers (esp those who work within open source technologies)
- Maturity, resolve & professionalism working with your partners (hiring managers, interviewers, & colleagues)
- Experience with outbound sourcing strategies that yield high conversion
- Discreet & able to handle highly-sensitive, confidential company information
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience with Greenhouse
- Deep understanding of the Bay Area talent market
- Background in social justice advocacy or community organizing
- Interest in supporting needs beyond just tech as our lean team flexes to org priorities
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program & onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites & Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $60,300 - $122,000. This role is eligible for bonus, commission & equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, & other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.