At Flexport, our mission is to make it easy & accessible for everyone. Were shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology & exceptional people. Our Commercial Products team is at the heart of that mission defining, digitizing & connecting the world through our first-class products.
As the Staff Product Manager Tech, Commercial Products, you are:
- A Strategic Planner - You set an audacious vision & set the strategy, then translate our vision into cohesive multi-year product plans to deliver against it. You deliver value today while ensuring your products can flex & scale for the future.
- A Customer-Obsessed Athlete You obsess over client needs while understanding market dynamics & historical insights. You define & scale products that exceed customer expectations, earn their trust, & set industry standards.
- A Problem Solver Challenges & ambiguity excite you! You see beyond constraints, developing solutions that achieve beyond what was once thought possible. Like a start-up pro, youre prepared to wear many hats.
- A Results-Oriented Leader You are focused on hitting objectives & delivering results. You have the experience to get things done. Your commitment & energy empowers the team to go above & beyond when needed.
- A Calculated Risk Taker You use both data & anecdotal inputs to make calculated 1-way & 2-way door decisions & you adjust as you learn as situations change.
- Someone who embraces & exemplifies our six company values.
- Bring the right mix of business & technical skills to shape our customer/user experience, software solutions & operational processes for freight customers.
- Understand the evolving market, define & prioritize target customer segments, & analyze customer needs.
- Build a roadmap, experiment & launch customer facing products & solutions, & measure their performance.
- Partner closely with customers, sales, UX Design, finance, marketing, engineers, operations & other product managers across the organization.
- Collaborate throughout the go-to-market planning & sales enablement.
- Shape the operating mechanisms & culture to streamline & scale while leading teams from discovery to delivery.
You should have:
- 7+ years of total experience.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in software product management, ideally driving growth & customer experience.
- 1+ years of experience in logistics or supply chain management.
- Strong analytical skills. You use data to make tough Product decisions related to priority, roadmaps & trade-offs.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, comfortable speaking publicly to large audiences.
- Proven leadership skills, ability to manage up & drive consensus among executive stakeholders.
- Ability to independently operate in a startup like environment, & to build & execute new products.
- Experience in building products that get directly offered & / or sold to business customers.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward. We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.