Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been & continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Successful candidate will be part of an experienced Test Engineering team responsible for testing Gateway Services applications (Visa Message Gateway, Extended Access, Visa File Gateway) or Vital Signs Monitoring Tool which are critical applications that control & monitor transaction flow between endpoints & VisaNet Integrated Payment (V.I.P.) system.
The Sr. Software Test Engineer for Network Processing Platform & Reliability Test Engineering team will be based in Denver, Colorado. The successful candidate will support Test Engineering efforts for the Gateway Services applications & work with Gateway Services Development & other peer Test Engineering organizations to ensure high levels of software quality & seamless code releases.
- Work with the team in developing testing strategy for the project & determining the appropriate balance of manual & automated tests
- Create manual test plans, test cases, & test scripts
- Develop & enhance automated test frameworks & test cases for the different types of tests employed
- Execute & report on the full testing suite of both manual & automated tests
- Work with Development & other relevant teams to analyze, debug & resolve design & software issues
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Develop software to augment existing test automation tools
- Setup, configure, & maintain test environments
- Hands-on testing on Linux & Windows platform
- Work effectively with test lead & test engineers & provide technical guidance to peers as needed
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required
- 3 years of software engineering experience
- 2 years of manual & automated testing experience
- Excellent coding skills in Java
- Experience with software builds, testing & continuous integration tools preferably Jenkins
- Scripting experience on Linux (e.g. shell, python)
- Experience on using software tools such as Selenium, Junit. TestNG, Cucumber, Git, Jira & Maven
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, distributed systems, web technology (Jetty, Apache) & network protocols (HTTP, TCP/IP) desired
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving & analytical skills
- Strong oral & written communications skills
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies & look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.