ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform
- PokerStars The premier online poker product
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Working in a full stack product delivery team, you will work on a range of exciting customer facing projects utilizing languages, technologies & platforms that include: Android: Java, Kotlin.
Were looking for passionate technologists, strong communicators & those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems & be eager to learn from & educate others. As a software engineer, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences & products for a growing community of millions of players.
You use technology to solve straightforward problems, seeking input & guidance from team members. You may create or have responsibility to improve or invent small tools or applications. You are able to take defined design & turn it into code & deliver it on schedule, applying appropriate technologies & current software engineering best practices. You write secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects. You are proficient in a broad range of data structures & algorithms, knowing when it is appropriate to use them & when it is not. You make appropriate implementation trade-off decisions. You participate in team design, scoping & prioritisation discussions. You seek to learn the business context & technologies behind your team's software. You work effectively other team members & identify any opportunities/problems arising from technical decisions. You invent, refine & develop your solutions to ensure they are meeting customer needs & team goals. You are a passionate advocate for your customer.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Responsible for the state of the code you both inherit & produce.
- You write simple & extendable code following standards & best practices. You test your code thoroughly.
- You classify, store, & handle data in accordance with FanDuel policies.
- You track security risks & mitigate and/or escalate them in a timely manner.
- You understand the maintenance characteristics, run-time properties, & dependencies or your team's software, including hardware platform, operating system & build dependencies.
- You clearly document your software to ensure that future generations of developers understand the intention behind the features & components you build.
- On-call rotation where required.
- In the event of a problem you are able to troubleshoot, research the root cause of problems, & thoroughly resolve defects.
- You provide excellent customer support.
- You participate in the interview process & help your team train SE interns.
- You will keep yourself up to date with market standards, open-source frameworks.
- Most importantly, be; humble, pragmatic, self-managed, thirsty for knowledge, never satisfied & always challenging the norm.
What were looking for in our next teammate
- 2+Years of Industry Experience building production software
- Proficiency in Java / Kotlin for Android development
- Strong, object-oriented design & coding skills
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- A focus on clean code & solid designs
- Consistently deliver on well-defined tasks
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Is comfortable diving in & making changes to many areas of code
- Is comfortable collaborating with other disciplines & stakeholders
What you get in return?
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with opportunities for real growth
- A supportive, trusting & open work environment
- Build innovative products used by a highly passionate user base
- Learning & development opportunities, including conference attendance
- Flexible vacation time
- Attractive medical plans
- 401k with company match
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.