Phreesia is looking for a Controller to join our growing team!
Who We Want:
Phreesia is a publicly traded healthcare technology company that is the leading provider of automated patient intake solutions. We are looking for a Controller to lead our entire accounting function, continuously streamline & improve our financial processes, ensure timely & accurate monthly/quarterly closes, manage the relationship with our external auditors & help guide decision making within the company. Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, this position requires a detail oriented, organized, highly motivated individual that has excellent management, accounting, & analytical skills.
What You'll Do:
- Support the Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) & manage financial operations, monthly financial statement & quarterly SEC reporting. Assist the CAO in driving change, enhancing operating efficiencies, implementing new systems & developing strong internal controls.
- Act as the primary point of contact with external auditors, ensuring compliance with all accounting standards, implement internal accounting controls & procedures.
- Provide proactive analysis on all matters with potential financial impacts, including treasury, tax, capital expenditure, cash flow projections & P&L.
- Prepare financial analyses for inclusion in updates for & to the Leadership Team & Board of Directors.
- Lead all aspects of the accounting function including controls, monthly & quarterly financial reporting, audits, revenue recognition, consolidation, billing & collections, payroll, sales commissions, accounts payable, taxes & stock-based compensation.
- Participate in evaluation of ERP system.
- Hire, direct & supervise the accounting team. Cultivate a professional, friendly & supporting atmosphere
- Manage the Companys SEC filings & financial reporting process including preparation of the 10K & 10Qs, Proxy, Section 16 filings, earnings releases, & preparation of supporting audit workpapers.
- Coordinate, plan & execute the external financial statement audit & interim/quarterly reviews performed by a Big 4 CPA firm
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax filings with external accounting firm
- Oversee payroll processing & ensure US & Canadian payroll tax compliance
- Develop & implement business process improvement initiatives & strategies
What You'll Bring:
- Ability to respond to, prioritize effectively & meet deadlines in a fast paced & dynamic environment
- Bachelors degree required in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 10 years of total work experience
- CPA & work experience with Big 4 public accounting firm
- Previous experience as Controller or Assistant Controller at public company
- Prior experience with SaaS based business & high growth environment
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC rules & requirements
- Working experience & knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley internal control requirements
- Ability to communicate with outside vendors
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships & influence all levels of the organization in a collaborative & consultative style.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Proven manager & leader who can build & motivate a team of accounting staff
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, were committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscapeand we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing & enhance clinical care. Our solutions are in all 50 states, & we check in 85 million patients a year!
Basically, what you are doing here matters & hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients we also care about our employees. We are proud to say that we have grown no less than 20% each year & consistently continue to do so. If you crave working with driven & engaged colleagues, a structured sales process, consistent recognition, defined career path, & enjoy working in revamped new areas, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits & Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, & short/long-term & life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Unlimited snacks & drinks in our offices
- Mobile phone stipends, monthly subway pass reimbursement & Internet reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous maternity benefit to our employees in Canada.
- Tuition & certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse & inclusive environment & are an equal opportunity employer.
Be sure to check out our Instagram @PhreesiaCareers & Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PhreesiaCareers/