Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic employment attorney with 6+ years of experience at a top law firm or in-house practice to join our growing Employment Law team. As Employment Counsel, you will report to Pelotons Senior Employment Counsel & assist in supporting the legal needs of our People (HR) team & other internal clients across all locations & departments on a wide variety of matters that arise within our workforce. As part of a growing Employment Law team, you will help us shape the companys culture & grow responsibly as we continue to scale our workforce up from the roughly 3,500 employees today in retail, warehouse, studio, & office locations across the world.
- Advise the People team & managers of other business lines on a broad spectrum of employment law matters, including employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence & accommodation, wage & hour issues, & internal investigations.
- Assist & advise the People team on internal investigations.
- Draft & maintain template documents & procedures for employment matters that arise anywhere in the world where Peloton has employees (e.g., performance improvement plans, disciplinary & investigation procedures, employee handbooks); assist with internal investigations as needed.
- Draft & manage employment-related contracts (e.g., talent & employment agreements, separation agreements, recruiter agreements, employee management platforms).
- Assist with employment diligence in connection with potential business acquisitions, & support post-acquisition integration activities for completed transactions.
- Keep current on developments in employment law & evolving best practices; maintain strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders to provide training & updates as needed.
- Assist in managing outside counsel on employment matters, including local counsel in non-US jurisdictions, to handle employment & immigration issues across our offices.
- 6+ years experience at a top law firm employment practice or in-house role; corporate secondment or in-house experience strongly preferred.
- Significant employment law counseling experience, & strong knowledge of all aspects of employment law, including leave & accommodations laws, wage & hour & FLSA exemption issues, matters relating to discrimination, harassment, & retaliation, & workplace investigations.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with an ability to simplify complicated legal concepts into plain English for your business partners.
- Strong business acumen & a creative problem solver.
- Must be an independent & strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) & willing to take on additional responsibilities.
- Superb organizational skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast-growing, disruptive business.
- Experience in supporting a broad & varied employee base.
- Member in good standing of the NY, CA, or TX Bar.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.