ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Sales team is a growing group of experienced, resourceful, & scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done, whether thats working with agencies & clients directly, seeking out partnerships to drive incremental revenue alongside top of the funnel growth, or contributing to the growth & efficiency of our pre & post-sales operations.
Were seeking an energetic Jr. seller who is ready to jump in, think outside of the box, & get creative with branded partnerships & native ad campaigns. theSkimm is for high performers who thrive off of seeing the direct impact of their work, whether thats through leveraging your own agency connections or pounding the pavement & introducing theSkimm to a wide suite of brands & advertisers. This is not a typical sales role. theSkimm works hard to understand the marketing needs of our advertisers, & we develop creative & timely campaigns that add value to the lives of our audience without jeopardizing the integrity of our voice & brand. Reporting to the Manager of Branded Partnership in NYC, you'll be part of our growing sales team, responsible for helping us build upon & establish relationships with both direct advertisers & agencies.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Prospect & sell fee-based brand partnerships & native ad campaigns into agencies & clients directly
- Manage your own RFP process & work with our teams to create marketing plans that include, but are not limited to: native digital content, audio & video ad integrations, social media & event sponsorships
- Forecast, track & report on sales performance, meeting quarterly targets set by management
- Work closely with Skimmrs across the company, including Client Services, Marketing, Analytics, Content & Editorial
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- Ideally 1-3 years of digital or integrated media sales experience OR 3-5 years in advertising sales (planning, account management etc.)
- Past agency experience is a plus
- Also ideal: experience meeting or exceeding quota as a result of the sale of complex deals
- Thorough understanding of the RFP process & digital media operations
- Excellent verbal, written & presentation skills. Creativity is also a must.
- Familiarity & enthusiasm for theSkimm, our products, & the utility we offer our audience
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Existing relationships & contacts with marquee media agencies & brands
- Willingness to thrive in a startup organization, highly motivated, entrepreneurial, & energetic
- Highly organized & motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running
- Team player with a positive, problem solving attitude
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping millennial women live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.